Switching SIM Cards between iPhones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TreyGimmeYo
I've Been Around

Re: Switching SIM Cards between iPhones

How do I switch from an iPhone 4 SIM to an iPhone 5 SIM?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TreyGimmeYo

Welcome to the forums!!

As for your question. Unfortunately you will need to go to your local Rogers store a or store that sells Rogers products & get a Rogers Nano sim card for $9.99 or sometimes they give it out for free.. You will then have to ask them or contact Rogers & have them activate the nano sim card on your account for free. That is the only way the iPhone 5 will work.

jfenow
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to send in my iPhone for repair. Can I put the sim card from that phone into another (Rogers)  iPhone that I have and use it, and then put that same sim card back in the old phone once it is repaired? I don't want to be without a phone, so I want to use the extra iPhone while my usual one is in the repair shop. And do I have to activate it when I put it in the spare iPhone or will it just work?

Blackshadoo
I've Been Here Awhile

Good day,

From my understanding you are able to use one SIM card between two iPhones. One issue that may occur is the text/call logs may be out of sync/not transfer back to your original phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jfenow

Yes you are able to put it into another Rogers iPhone as long as the sim card fits! The only thing that may happen is the sync of text messages and history of the call logs that's all.

jfenow
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you  @Blackshadoo and @Meowmix for the replies.

Any idea whether I have to activate the sim card when I put it in the other phone (and back in the original phone later) or whether it will just work once I put it in?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jfenow

The sim is already activated. So u don't need to reactivate the sim when entering it into another phone.

You are all set. Just swap out the phones and ur good to o!
jfenow
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you @Meowmix , much appreciated!