Suspend Usage Daily??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Suspend Usage Daily??

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if I can use the 'Suspend Usage' option on a daily basis to curb my kid's usage of his phone at school.

... and before you say why not just take it away during the day, well in a couple of classes they are actually allowed to listen to music.

Thanks for your time!

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Suspend Usage Daily??

Wow... you all have been so helpful...Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No one probably knew the answer that you were looking for, so no one replied 😞

I tried to do a little research... from what i can see, the suspend usage, is not what you are looking for.

It seems like the suspend usage, is primarily used for, essentialy putting the services on LOCK so they cant be used.. which is what you want to do... BUT.. as per the description, its more designed for when you loose your phone, etc.. that you dont encurr charges from someone else using it.

I would THINK since the service is more designed for that.. that it more locks it out for a longer period of time.. rather than just a lock now, unlock now, etc.  It may be a you lock it, but takes 24 hours for it to be unlocked, etc.
I am not willing to test it on my phone, to try it out 😛  You could yourself though.

Have you called in to see if anyone there has any more info on the length, etc of it?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hey thanks for replying!  Any reply is better than no reply.

I did try it, I shut his phone off for like two minutes.  It's a simple click of a mouse on and off....but I just want to make sure I'm not going to get in any trouble for using it daily.  I haven't phoned yet, thought I'd try here first.  Can see why I'd get it heck though, you still pay for the service...just without actually using it!

Thanks again.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am interested in knowing this.  Same idea, suspend the services for my kid.  She should be off the phone by 10:30 pm. and she can pretend to be sleeping and then take the phone and check notifications, when I have fallen sleep.  So, I think it is a great idead for Rogers to have that option, for us, parents.  I would like to suspend the service from 10:30 to 6:00 am.  Sunday to Thrursday.  A feature like this would be awesome.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MonicaPrelle

This is a great service BUT u can do that with some phones already with built in apps or down loadable apps. Rogers can or may at some point offer this but most likely it may not be used by many.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I want to do the same thing...let us know if this works on a daily basis, please

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 10wb

The OP made this 2 years ago & the last time someone was on here was 4 months ago. I doubt they will come back sadly:(. Let us know whats going on & maybe we can help.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I know that the original post is a couple years old but for those interested, there are apps nowadays that are pretty comprehensive yet simple to use that allow for parental control (restricting inbound/outbound calls, texts, browsing, etc. during specified times/days).  Many are in the Play Store (android) or iTunes (iPhone).

One that I've read good things about is MMGuardian:

http://www.talkandroid.com/reviews/apps/featured-android-app-review-mmguardian-parental-control-tool...

Klotar
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0