cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suretap with an unlocked device from another carrier

MulattoLatte
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Note 4 from another carrier that is unlocked and I'm trying to use Suretap but I cannot activate the wallet. The Cust Serv team on Twitter is telling me that my device is ineligible for Suretap with this device because it didn't come from Rogers.

Can someone confirm this? Also, if that is the case I'd like to know the underlying reason for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suretap with an unlocked device from another carrier

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forums @MulattoLatte  Smiley Happy

Correct SureTap wallet will not work on a non-Rogers device. The reason for this is that SureTap is an application created for Rogers branded Devices. As your device is Unlocked and from a different carrier, its doesnt have the Preloaded Operating System which was created for the Rogers Network. This preloaded Operating system carries specific configurations to allow suretap to function aswell as other network functions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forums @MulattoLatte  Smiley Happy

Correct SureTap wallet will not work on a non-Rogers device. The reason for this is that SureTap is an application created for Rogers branded Devices. As your device is Unlocked and from a different carrier, its doesnt have the Preloaded Operating System which was created for the Rogers Network. This preloaded Operating system carries specific configurations to allow suretap to function aswell as other network functions.

View solution in original post

So, what happens if I buy a Nexus 6 from Rogers that is supposedly carrier unlocked? Will the Suretap application work?

Hi @alebel76 a compatible device will work just fine as long as it still has the original Rogers OS. The Nexus 6 does not seem to be on the list of enabled devices as of yet though.

You can see the devices that are Suretap ready here http://www.rogers.com/web/content/suretap?setLanguage=en .

More devices will be coming soon!!

So what you're saying is I should flash the Rogers 4.4.4 onto my phone?

@MulattoLatte Flashing is something that is not recommended as it may go against your manufacturer warranty and have other risks. Also no guarantee doing something like that would work.

To my knowledge the Rogers Android OS isn't really something you can just download from the internet. Of course what you do with your device is always up to youSmiley Wink Hope my post gave you a clearer understanding!

RogersAsif

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation