Superchannel and TMN on demand picture quality issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Superchannel and TMN on demand picture quality issues

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing picture quality issues with these two on demand services lately. It's been happening pretty reguarly now that I am trying to plough through Homeland and the Wire in HD.

Getting random vertical bars through out the program. In genernal the picture quality is great but these issues have been happening more and more frequently.

I am not getting any pixelation or signal issues when I am watching live tv.

Thinking about calling customer service.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Superchannel and TMN on demand picture quality issues

Its still possible that its signal issues.

But probably worth it that a technician comes out in the end maybe.

Only thing i can think of before hand... how are you connected from your box to the TV, with which type of cables?

And do you have a spare one, that you can swap out and try the others, just to illiminate them out of the equasion.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's happening with two different boxes in two different rooms so unless there's a problem with the source cable (which I can't swap out), the cable issue has been eliminated from contention. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does then sound more like a source issue.

Could be a problem with it comming into your place.

Up till a few weeks ago, i only had the PVR connected.. and it was fine.. tried to add a SD and HD box elsewhere in the house.. and the signal was just not strong enough. (20+ year old house).  Got some channels even hd ones clear as a bell.. some pixelated, some no picture.

Tech came in, and first swaped the splitter on the box outside, which was ancient, which imediately bosted the signal by a bit.  Also then insalled a signal booster before the splitter inside to the 3 boxes.  Now its perfectly fine... so it COULD be just that.

I Plan to Stick Around

So right after I posted I went home and ALL ondemand channels pooched out. It couldn't even load the menu.

Tech came and did a bunch of things. Checked all the set-top boxes (not an issue) eventually leading up to him running cable through my street from the main hub to make sure it wasn't the connection from my house to the hub. That wasn't the issue. 
So he told me a different guy would come by and look at the hub in 48 hrs. 

Well not sure if anyone came but on demand is at least back up but I am still having the same picture quality issues as before which still better than no on demand at all.

I am really hoping the hub tech didn't come and I just got lucky with the ondemand coming back up. 

Cause still definitely not satisfied with the quality 😞

I am not looking to call again but maybe I should.

Do you think they keep records of everything done I don't want to have togo through the whole tech coming to my house cause it took over an hour. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While the core TICKET on rogers end should have record of all calls and everything done... not sure how much of that the technicians themselves see.

If its been past the 48 hours, i would call back and see if they did come out.  IF its the people looking at the hub/box on the street, they wont come to your house, they just do work there, and leave.

I did have that at my previous house.. the time shifiting channels were pixelated.. and when the regular tech came in, he ran one right from the street into the house.. to the same effect.. determining it was the hub that was the issue.  Never did see the hub guys come out, but they did fix/change something.

I Plan to Stick Around

After two visits the problems appears to be fixed. 2 techs and 2 hub visits.