cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Channel's free preview

Cando69
I've Been Here Awhile

I see you added the Super Channels to free preview until the end of the month. Does that include the on demand channel or do you have to pay the content provider making it too expensive to offer it free?

***Edited Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Super Channel's free preview

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Give than you are a Rogers customer, why not tune to channel 100 yourself and find out?

ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

Super Channel still show up has unsubscribe on my box, but the 4 live channels works, same thing happen with other on demand for channels that are currently on free preview.

LisaJH
I've Been Here Awhile
I have the same question.

Cando69
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply ReneHache,  My super channel On Demand and the other 4 show up as subscribe.

hiho
I Plan to Stick Around

i for one do not have access to the 100 channel as i dont have one of those expensive boxes that would let me access that channel which makes your answer totaly useless to me

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You don't need an "expensive" box.  Many people are giving away their STBs or selling them for around $10-20.  If you want OD and/or access to many more channels than you get with a DTA, the price for a used STB should not stand in your way. Just make sure you heed the points outlined in the following post when buying used:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-rogers-cable-tv/64632-guidelines-selling-buying-used-rogers-term...

I can see the movies on the SC channels and I can get to SC-OD (Channel 100 or 338 in Toronto), however, if I select a movie it asks me to subscribe on the OD channel(s).  I was just doing it as an experiment since there's little of interest to me on SC.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cando69 wrote:

I see you added the Super Channels to free preview until the end of the month. Does that include the on demand channel or do you have to pay the content provider making it too expensive to offer it free?

***Edited Labels***

I have the grandfathered VIP digital cable package, Ch 338 SCOD, Super Channel On Demand, has always been available. Now my IPG shows Channels

334SCHD1Super Channel 1
335SCHD2Suoer Channel 2
336VaultSuper Channel Vault
337GINXHSuper Channel Sports

339SCHD1Super Channel 1
340SCHD2Super Channel 2

are also available. But when I tune to any one of those, I get a message saying the channel name, Tuning channel, One moment please, and after a couple of minutes it turns to "Channel Not Available, please try again later".

What's up with that?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote: ...I get a message saying the channel name, Tuning channel, One moment please, and after a couple of minutes it turns to "Channel Not Available, please try again later". What's up with that?

The return signal from your STB is not getting to the node or head end. This usually means you can't use any OD functionality and often can't tune to the SDV channels either. You have a signal issue:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

If you can tune the SDV channels and can access OD, like channel 100, then perhaps a reboot will rectify, the issue, but you should check your signal.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I usually check signal on channel 11 and sometimes that showed the error as well, although the signal was excellent, 1dBmV, 37dB S/N. Similar on those "unavailable" Super channels.  But a power down reboot fixed everything and I can see those channels now. Thanks @57 .

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

BigDaddyKC
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there,

How come with Super Channel being on free preview, you can only watch the channels and not use the on-demand channel?  When you go into the Super Channel on-demand and choose something to watch, it says "Subscribe".  If this is suppose to be a free preview, shouldn't the on-demand channel be usable as well?   Hollywood Suites is on free preview and you can watch the channels, and use the on-demand channel.  Is there an explanation for this?

Thank you!

Hello @BigDaddyKC,

We’re helping to keep everyone at home entertained with the shows they love. While the free previews include Super Channel Fuse, Super Channel GINX Esports TV Canada,Super Channel Heart & Home and Super Channel Vault,  Super Channel On Demand  is not included. Check out the Free Previews page for a list of all the available channels. 

RogersZia

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation