Stupid support response

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Stupid support response

I recently submitted a bug report for the Rogers Anywhere iPad app using the Contact us feature. I just received an e-mail that says:

"We are pleased to announce that all new and ongoing inquiries will now be addressed in real-time and within one interaction via our Live Chat service.

To ensure your inquiry is addressed, please click the following link - Rogers Live Chat to chat with one of our Live Chat Representatives or, visit us online by clicking– Rogers Anyplace TV "

What if I don't want to use Live Chat (which takes forever at my typing speed)? If I submit my issue at: http://www.rogersondemand.com/about/contact am I going to get the same inane response?

Why does Rogers even have the "Contact Us" function if they are not going to respond? Someone needs to give their head a shake.

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Stupid support response

Whether you like it or not (and I for one do not like it), Rogers has discontinued email support. The form you completed online are for corporate or media enquiries only. The links for Cable, Internet, Wireless, and Home Phone have been removed. You can call them in addition to using the live chat! Another example of Rogers improving customer service, NOT!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Weither it is right or not to discontinue email support.. i wont get into that.. i sit on the fence.

But with.. at least 4 companies off the top of my head, i know have done the same thing.. it seems to be a more industry trend now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Monkey see, monkey do! LOL! I guess that explains it!

I Plan to Stick Around

I like Monkey you know, to me its better to LIVE CHAT 1-1 i hate email i hate fax i like CHAT CHAT CHAT its faster and eazy. You said your net slow ? come on my LTE on my iphone faster than my Cable home internet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think thats part of it.. while email is great an all.. you put in X info.  Someone has to get to that email when it comes up in queue.

Then reply... oh they need THIS extra info..  reply back asking for it.

Then you get it back.. whenever, then reply.. then it goes back..  

more back and forth, with more potential time inbetween.

compared obviously to phoning, or even the live chat.. wher things can be instantly asked back and forth.

Thats at least the reasoning i have seen on it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What really gets to me is the arrogance of a company that claims to be "pleased" that it has contact forms in its apps and on its web sites that it refuses to answer. This wouldn't happen with a company that was serious about customer relations. I think that Rogers, Bell, etc are too big and should be broken up by the CRTC.  Good on the CRTC for turning down the Astral deal!