Street Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flash
I Plan to Stick Around

Street Problems

I've seen it mentioned here several times that sometimes "street problems" are blamed for reception issues. My wife and I have recently noticed along our street that people who have Bell dishes on their house have actually "cut the cord" and are wrapping the fallen cable from the house up in nearby trees and such. Think this could be a problem?

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Street Problems

Shouldnt be.. only way it maybe could is if those 'loose' lines, are touching say the runs for rogers into your house.  (should only effect the ones it feeds out to, not back across the line, as far as i know)

From the sounds of it, you are on suspended lines? Wire hangs from a pole across the air into the house?

Flash
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes we get our cable service from overhead wires...just thought all the open ends hanging in the air or in a few cases rolled up on the ground may cause some problems. 

Thanks for the reply.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's a possibility..

They really SHOULDN'T do that, as its a major job to replace those now, if say they sold and the next user wants cable.

You could call in and complain about signal and tell the tech who is out about it.
Problem is I don't know how much with the overhead they can do without getting a different group which deals with the overheads.

bohhammer
I Plan to Stick Around

If the drops are not terminated properly the drops would definitely cause ingress,egress and noise to feed back through the distribution lines,the problem would be booking the call to add tap blocks( on the drops that are no longer in use since those address may no longer be customers. svc work is cx address only, however the tech might be able to book a miscellaneous call to have the other addresses drops terminated or disconnected at the tap, if there is no longer a customer service enclosure.