Strange search results.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillJ
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Strange search results.

We're running Windows 8 on our laptop and we use Chrome.

This morning we did a search for 'yorkshire terriers' on Google and clicked 'Images' to see some pics. We got about 10 pics of the dogs then hundreds of pics of a car crash site in (Russia?). When we hover over a pic to see the source, it says something like www.cutepuppies.org, which is correct, however that crash site pic did NOT come from cutepuppies.org or any of the other sites on the page. Funny thing is, this happens on our laptop as well as our phones so I'm thinking it's an issue with Rogers and not a virus on our end (we run McAfee anti-virus and we use BlackBerry phones).

I'm not expecting answers so much as I'd like to hear if it's happening to others as well. We're in Ottawa and we use Rogers for all our entertainment needs (internet, cell phones, digital TV).

Cheers.  🙂

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Strange search results.

maybe its something stuck in the temp internet files for chrome?

Maybe try doing a delete of them.

***Update***

Also try deleting cookies in Chrome, in addition to deleting temporary files. This should fix the problem if it is happening only in Chrome.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats odd.
Never specifically seen that myself.

I would think.. MAYBE if it was an DNS issue? THat it THOUGHT it was pulling it from A, but really getting it from B instead (pointing at a different IP).

BUT... that would require that the OTHER site, have the exact same site layout, image names, etc.... likely? No.

Wondering if its just a google algorithmissue.

BillJ
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've just narrowed it down to Google. Bing and Yahoo work fine but when I open Chrome, even news.google.com is showing pics of the crash site when the stories are about other subjects. Now to determine if it's just us or if everyone using Google is experiencing issues.

Cheers.  🙂

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

maybe its something stuck in the temp internet files for chrome?

Maybe try doing a delete of them.

***Update***

Also try deleting cookies in Chrome, in addition to deleting temporary files. This should fix the problem if it is happening only in Chrome.

View solution in original post