Still having intermittent problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Still having intermittent problems

Will be fine for a few minutes, then drops for about 10 seconds, then on again for a few minutes then drops.  It's getting so tiring.  Anyone else in London having the same problem?

Can't watch any videos, can't play online game.  I can surf halfway decent because it is on a good portion of the time.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Still having intermittent problems

Does it happen with wired or wireless connection?

What kind of modem and/or router do you use?

I'm a Regular

wired, no router, cisco modem

It might be a case with modem glitch or weak signal. To find out, login to your cisco modem and go to WAN status. You should look for all available channels be fully bonded. If you see one or more channels in Registering mode more than a minute - call Rogers, they will check the signal strength and make sure modem is OK.

I'm a Regular

no idea how to do that

Are you using Cisco DPC3825 ?

I'm a Regular

yes, I figured out how to do it, but the username and password from here don't work:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?Ntt=modem+password&_nfpb=true&N=&_pageLabel=support_results

cusadmin

password

don't work.  and don't have cisco connect software installed

I'm a Regular

actually, this is a new computer so I don't know if the cisco thing was ever installed.

on my local area connection it has TealPanda, followed by Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller....is that supposed to there?

Try doing a full reset of the Cisco. Power it off, hold reset button for 12 seconds and them turn it on again. Now default login and password should work (cusadmin and password).

Yes, Cisco comes pre-configured with really funny wireless SSIDs. Mine had FunnyGiraffe. Just configure your own SSID.