Stealing Cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Stealing Cable

I agree there should be more hotlines or forums
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rmbooks

This has been mentioned in the Idea Box. Hopefully soon they will add it!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since the stealing cable, in many cases, can just be speculation (its not always cut and dry if the person is or not, etc).. there needs to be a place to report it.

Even if just a submission form, a enter Address (and unit, etc) of wher you beleive its going on, then they can do back end, and even send someone out checks, to verify, etc.

I'm Here A Lot

This is not speculation, the house I'm leaving in has 2 distinct apts - upstairs & downstairs. I'm downstairs, pay my roger bills before due date. When someone upstairs splices into my cable I notice the different right away my computer runs slower than usual when I run a internet speed test (speedtest.net) or a ping test (pingtest.net) the speed test it tells me the speed of the computer & no my computer isn't even 2 years old. When they use my basic tv cable my tv doesn't work properly & when they use my phone there is static & break up of conversations - as going under a tunnel with a cell phone. As I said in a previous conversation in the grey box attached to the wall of the house 2 technicians had dissconnected upstairs of thier splicing - the reason why I wasn't getting proper connection is the filter was gone & there were 2 - 2 way spliters attached. The only reason why I know is because I watched both technicians open the grey box on the wall. It is ok to talk & watch what the tech's are doing. Actually I wanted to see for myself what upstairs had done.

I'm Here A Lot

I have noticed that Rogers now uses link-on as a sub-contract for installation along with repair & maintenance. This company is incompetent, liars; thief’s & has very rude techs which look upon people especially women as inferior. With regards to stealing cable I had to call the Rogers office & lodge a complaint against link-on. Sept 29 link-on come in spliced upstairs again onto my line assuring me they are a paying customer of Rogers - what a lie. Because of this splicing it interfered with my phone I again had to call set up an appointment for Oct 10 - the link-on tech opened the grey box on the outside of the house did nothing to it & changed a few wires on the inside & proceeded to tell me that my security system was the problem which is bull - I have had my system hooked up since I have had Rogers with no problems with my cable only until upstairs started to splice into my line - this is one of the key question to ask “Is the security system interfering with the cable – the answer is NO” & also this tech assured me that upstairs is a paying customer without even having dispatch to cross reference how many accounts are at this address as Roger has in the past & this is way upstairs has been disconnected from my line now 3 times. When I lodged the complaint with Rogers’s office they cross referenced the address to see how many accounts are in the system for this address - upstairs is not a paying customer verified as the Rogers tech had verified in the past. When link-on came in to repair my problem which is reoccurring every time upstairs splices into my line (I get bad reception either my tv, internet speed or phone) I always ask a few key question to see if link-on knows there stuff sadly no very incompetent. Once I made the complaint with the Rogers office & spoke to a supervisor in tech he rectified the problem & now upstairs is not connected & he also made an appointment to have a tech come out to make sure everything is working properly - guess what no one showed, I called tech support & the work order was pending so again I will have to lodge a complaint on Tues regarding incompetency. I also asked the supervisor a question: “if upstairs were to hook up again will the tech need to come into my apt to set upstairs up – the answer is NO” This is very discouraging when you can't trust the link-on techs that come to your home. Am I angry you better believe it.

If this is persistent problem I believe the next step is to have Marketplace address the incompetency & stealing of cable.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation