Static IP

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Static IP

How do I make a static IP in the new router? I see filtering and port forwarding but no where to stick a static IP for a hardware device. 

***edited labels***

Steve
Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Static IP

Not all routers/gateways, provide a method of defining an IP from itself.
Which gateway is this? the new hitron?

Personally, i prefer to set it from the device myself.. gives you a little more flexibility too, as you then can define different DNS servers, etc as well just for that device (vs it taking just whatever the gateway has).

Yes its the new hitron. I have seagate NAS backup nad the drives will not reconnect on boot until the pc fully boots up. It keeps changing the ip. I want to lock them in the router.

Steve

Locked the ip in the device! Works like a charm 🙂 Thanks!!!!! Smiley Happy

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Locking them in the device, should do the same.

You can set a static address, on the PC, so that never changes, and i beleive MOST of the seagate drives will allow this as well.

This way there would be no change when any of them boot up.
This is actually BETTER, in the fact that the device is setting it and knows its IP already.. vs it REQUESTING it from the gateway/router, and then having to set them, based on what it receives.