Spotify on new plan use data?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Spotify on new plan use data?

Hi,
I currently have the old 10 gb plan, now they offert 9 gb plan with Spotify.
I want to know is the Spotify music use data? Or it is include as unlimited music / dont use data?
Not clear

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Spotify on new plan use data?

Hello @Patthe

Yes It does as its a online streaming service. Seeing as you are a paid member, u can save music in your account to listen to it offline if u do so. Other then that, Spotify and any music streaming app will use data.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Patthe

Yes It does as its a online streaming service. Seeing as you are a paid member, u can save music in your account to listen to it offline if u do so. Other then that, Spotify and any music streaming app will use data.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi  @Patthe

Listening to music via Spotify would use your data, so your best option is to connect your phone to wifi and stream that way. Here's the good news though! As @Meowmix mentioned, with the premium version of Spotify you can create playlists, download the songs while connected to wifi and then listen to the music offline.  Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing as well, IF you are going to stream.

There are QUALITY settings.

For listening on the PHONES.. may depend on the phone.. but generally i have not found any audible difference between the HIGH and LOWER quality. 
(i think its the difference between a 320kbps on high and 96kbps on low).

Lowering the quality, will lower the amount of usage it uses up.