Spotify Question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Spotify Question

@Serenity_ When you go online to your account, you simply choose the two lines belonging to your family members and follow the steps to activate their Spotify Premium accounts.

Keep in mind though that unless you actually have two additional lines on the account you aren't eligible to get the two additional accounts.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is false advertising on the part of Rogers. Nowhere in any of the adverstisements is it mentioned that other lines are required on a Share Everything Plus plan to have access to the 3 spotify accounts. 

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @hjkhlkgljhglg

Welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for your post. To get more information on the Share Everything + experience, please click here. This includes Spotify FAQs.

How do I assign Spotify accounts to family members?

In order for a family member to qualify for a free Spotify account, they must be added as a secondary smartphone line on your Share Everything + plan. You can have up to three Spotify accounts with each one linked an individual line, including the primary line.

What this means is that in order for you to take advantage of this service , you can have up to three active lines on the plan.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@hjkhlkgljhglg Not really. All of the advertisements (at least to my knowledge) state "up to 3 Spotify Premium Accounts" when you sign up, which is true. You can get up to three, depending on whether you have one line or three lines.

Also when you check on the information about the Spotify offer from the front page of the website it does state "available for up to three lines on a Share Everything plan."

I've Been Here Awhile

Spotify 3 account

Hi I have a share everything plan, and I'm supposed to have 3 spotify accounts but I can't find the way to configure them for my family. 

Thanks

Hello, @fsenterre

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for the post, the instructions posted in MESSAGE 13 above may be helpful. If the other lines meet the requirements you should be able to add them.

Please let us know if you further questions, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

The thing is, Roger, at some point Rogers has to accept that the notices are at least unclear if this many people think that they can access Spotify three times from one line. I spent a good 45 minutes discussing the various aspects of this new plan with the Rogers agent and asked specifically about the idea that I could get my son on Spotify Premium (as well as myself) if I signed up. She obviously did not tell me that my son's account would have to be on my plan because she knew that I only had one line. So even your own employees think what people here are saying: that you can have three Spotify "profiles "(just like you can with Shomi). Rogers should make it clear (including to their own agents) that if you have one line, you can't have up to three Spotify accounts -- you can have one and only one Spotify account, unless it is worded in such a way so as to mislead people so they sign up. For me, it doesn't make much difference as I am not on a contract and I can look at other services since one Spotify account doesn't hold much value for me. Shomi is glitchy and Texture, well, when you get in there and the good magazines cost an extra $5 a month, you start to realize that's not that great either.

The overriding point for me is, if you want to know something, don't rely on what one person at Rogers tells you. Ask at least three different people and see if you get the same answer three times. When I called in because "manage your experience" wasn't working for me, I was told 1) my plan didn't include Spotify then 2) the reason it wasn't working was because my profile was based on a username and not an e-mail address then 3) it would be working within one business day, then 4) there was a known problem that Rogers was working on and it would take up to 15 business days. Knowledge of products is not a strengthe of Rogers, it boils down to that.

I've Been Around

Adding Spotify Accounts

Hello,

I have a question regaing adding Spotify accounts as per your advertisment below:

"Available for up to 3 lines on a Share Everything + Plan"

My brother is with Rigers however not on my plan. He has his own plan. Is he able to take advantage of this offer and get a free spotify account as well, or does he have to be sharing my plan?

Thank You

Hello, @F1Racer_Og

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your question. You need to have all the 3 lines on the same Share Everything+ plan, so basically your brother should be sharing your plan. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

This doesn't help me. I've been told when I bought my phone at Rogers and over the phone by a rogers help member that I could give one of my account to anybody I want. My girlfriend has her plan at Rogers and she won't cancel her plan to get under mine. She is a rogers client, how can I give her one of my spotify account?

Thanks