cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Question

Smooth
I've Been Here Awhile

I have three lines on a share plan. I have access to set up 2 Spotify accounts. But i should get three. Or am i confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

103 REPLIES 103

Re: Spotify Question

Hello @JayeeMedia

I just wanted to clarify the information provided above.

If you currently subscribe to Spotify outside of Rogers, your MyRogers account will not reflect this.

However, once you log into your Spotify account, you will be informed to cancel your paid Spotify account in order to take advantage of the promotion which is included in the Share Everything + plan.

If you are already paying for Spotify Premium separately, you can still add it to your plan for free; there are just a couple steps you need to take.

To start, you would need to sign into your MyRogers account on Rogers.com or through the MyRogers mobile app.

Then you need to Select Spotify Premium as your experience, and then sign into your Spotify account – all of this happens with MyRogers.

Once signed in, if you have a Spotify Premium paid subscription, you will need to cancel it in order to have Spotify Premium applied as a free experience on your plan.

I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page here 

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

RogersSannecia

morlan
I Plan to Stick Around

Changing one of my 3 Spotify Premium subscriptions

I just upgraded my Rogers Share Everything account so that I now have 3 free Spotify Premium accounts.  I reassigned my personal Premium account fine, following the instructions provided by Rogers.  However, on the second account, I assigned the phone line to a Facebook account that I would like to change.  How do I cancel that Premium subscription to Spotify now, that's been associated with one of my 3 share everything phone numbers, and re-assign it to another Facebook account for Spotify login?

I suppose another way of thinking abou this would be how do I cancel the Spotify link on my second line, so that I can re-assign it?

Hey @morlan

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!

I will have @CommunityHelps will contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks

morlan
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Shakir!

mindfield_ca
I've Been Here Awhile

Following a 1hr online chat on FB Messenger with Rogers, 30 minutes of which was essentially the agent completely ignoring me, perhaps I'll get more attention on these forums. Because honestly, it's hard not to feel insulted when after providing a screenshot of an error message, detailed steps of how I got the error, and suggestions on my part on how to resolve the issue (because they certainly weren't giving any useful troubleshooting steps), the best response I got was "Please give me your email so that I can send you instructions on how to sign up for Spotify". Aaaargh.

Back to my issue. I had 4 wireless lines on my account, 3 of which (main+2 additional) were subscribed to the Spotify experience with my Share Everything + plan (up to 3 lines max per account). For unrelated reasons, I cancelled one of the 3 lines which had a Spotify experience today (a secondary line). Thinking it would be easy to use that released Spotify subscription, I went ahead on MyRogers and attempted to register the other secondary line which was now available to be registered with Spotify.

So pretty simple at this point, since I had already registered 3 lines to Spotify in the past... click on Register next to the line, log in with a Spotify account (I went as far as to create a completely new Spotify account, free tier, new email), and wait to be redirected to the rogers website. However, I now received an error message: Untitled.png

Tried with multiple browsers, from the mobile website as well, same error everywhere.

Is there someone on these boards who has any idea on how to resolve this? Is it a matter of waiting for things to settle after the cancellation of a line?

Hi @mindfield_ca

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of your situation and would like to help. I've sent you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you're logged into the forums please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen. 

Thanks!
RogersArthur

Mkanabe
I've Been Here Awhile

I have same issue. How do I register second and third accounts?

Mkanabe
I've Been Here Awhile
I've tried cancelling and selecting a different service as suggested but now get error message. Sounds similar to guy above..

Hi @Mkanabe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

We can definitely try to assist you with adding your second and third experiences, I've already sent you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you're logged into the forums please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen. 

Thanks!
RogersArthur

I forgot to provide an update on this..
Technical support was able to change the free service on my account from Spotify to something else (can't remember which one) and then switched it back to Spotify. I was then able to register all my lines successfully! Starting from 'scratch' was the key, although I suspect agents aren't really supposed to make changes to the free service. I'm a happy camper once again!

I was offered a free 12 month spotify account however when I log into my account online here at rogers I cannot seem to be able to access it without paying. 

how can I fix them. 

I have redeemed my 3 free spotify accounts, but now I want to pay for a 4th sub through my Rogers account. Is this possible?

How do I link up my Spotify so that I get free music from Rogers?

Hello @Nikkiassadi,

If you're still needing assistance with this, please PM us at @CommunityHelps and we will further assist. 

RogersCorey

So, for the last 3 months Ive been trying to cancel spotify. Tonight I was in chat with 4 different people at Rogers, who all told me something different in order to cancel...none of them worked. So...I'm hoping someone here can guide me on how to cancel my subscription with spotify. Paying $10 a month for a service Ive never used is really starting to annoy me. Thanks in advance

Hi @littlefoot726,

Welcome to the Community!

Looks like you're subscribed to Spotify through spotify.com. If that's the case you can cancel the subscription by logging in to your account, going to subscription and clicking on Cancel your Subscription. It will prompt you to re-enter your password to complete the cancellation.

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersZia

saftab
I've Been Around

I just got a Share Everything + Plan. When I select "Manage Experience" it directs me to the Rogers Wireless Shop Page that has info on the experiences. When I click on how to get it, it has me select "Existing Rogers Customer" which takes me back to the myRogers page. I'm stuck in a loop. I spoke with Live Chat and they suggested I clear my cookies and cache, which I did...but I'm still in the loop. Please help?

Hi @saftab

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Wel definitely assist with accessing your Spotify account.

Send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can take a closer look to resolve this for you.

RogersPrasana

I have a share-everything plan, and there are two lines included.  I've accidentally linked both lines to the same spotify account, when activing the service. How could I reset the setting and reactive this service again? I found some suggestions which said I could cancel and switch to other promotion first, like texture, then switch back to spotify, but I can't find the cancel option on MyRogers page.

yourbride
I've Been Here Awhile

hi

spotify does not work

i receive error messages when i try to add it, saying ''system error''

i am a disappointed client ,help

thank you

Hi @yourbride,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out! You've come to the right place for help.

I'd love to get Spotify working for you! It's probably my most frequently used app.  Can you clarify the issue you're having? Are you getting a system error when trying to download the app or are you having issues adding it to your Rogers account? 

Have a great weekend!

RogersShaun