Spotify Question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Spotify Question

I see many have had this problem but don't see a clear step by step solution.
I have Spotify free. I get a new Rogers contract and choose the spotify premium experience. I go to Spotify directly from myrogers and I'm still on free. Rogers says everything is properly selected. Spotify says I only have one account so it has to be a Rogers problem.
Please help me !! I've been working on this for days!!

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @norajaymac

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I simply wanted to clarify the information provided above.

If you currently subscribe to Spotify outside of Rogers, your MyRogers account will not reflect this.

However, once you log into your Spotify account, you will be informed to cancel your paid Spotify account in order to take advantage of the promotion.

If you are already paying for Spotify Premium separately, you can still add it to your plan for free; there are just a couple steps you need to take.

To start, you would need to sign into your MyRogers account on Rogers.com or through the MyRogers mobile app.

They you need to Select Spotify Premium as your experience, and then sign into your Spotify account – all of this happens with MyRogers.

Once signed in, if you have a Spotify Premium paid subscription, you will need to cancel it in order to have Spotify Premium applied as a free experience on your plan.

I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page here 

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for getting back to me.
I never have paid for spotify premium so there is nothing to cancel. I have selected spotify premium as my experience and went through the "listen now" link from myRogers to Spotify and it remains the free version. I have contacted spotify to validate that I have only one account with them. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I have signed in directly with spotify. Nothing changes.
Still on free no matter what I do.
Help!
I've Been Around

I should've gotten 3 years of spotify premium from the Rogers Share Everything package but spotify premium has stopped after only 2 months. This might be because I had spotify premium for 2 more months before that but my spotify account was registered for the package which should mean I have 34 more months. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've Been Here Awhile

So, my service was frozen for about a day last week because of late payments but unfroze since I've made payment arrangements. My plan is the share everything plus plan I signed up in September and I have a free premium spotify account. Now ever since my service was frozen, my spotify premium account says it's a free account. What do I do? How do I make it premium again?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully the mods can come in here and answer..

But i would guess that it cancels the spotify because of the non payment..

May have to require re-signing up.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mahamed

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I tried to sign up but it is not free anymore it says spotify is $30 to add to your account.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I have issues with the spotify premium account with the shared evrything plan. It shows as free/basic on spotify website.

First of all, I had spotify premium paid from my pocket

Later, we moved to a Rogers shared everything plan (main line + additional line)

We cancel the premium account, but we did not wait for it to become free (I just read I had to wait from the forums here, I know now)

We register one line with the spotify while this was still showing as premium (saying will be free in a later date), I expected that instead of becoming free, it will continue to be premium but being paid by the shared evrything plan

The outcome is that the spotify account is free/basic now and in MyRogers I cannot resgiter it again, the button doesn't show, I see only a "listen" button ano "resgiter" button anymore

Some help is appreciated

Omar

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hello @zageyiff,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Are you still within your first thirty days of your Share Everything Plus experience?

If so, an easy way to fix this issue is to log into your MyRogers profile, change your experience temporarily to either Shomi or Texture, then once it is successfully changed, log back in, and change it back to Spotify. 

This should allow you to re-register for Spotify premium.

Let us know if you have any issues after trying that process.

@RogersGabrielle