Spotify Question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify Question

Good Afternoon @Psychomom4,

You mentioned that you were not able to change your selection on MyRogers. Have you passed your initial 30 day period for your experience?

Also, when you  log into MyRogers are you able to see your account details, usage etc? Is the "Change your selection" button the only thing you cannot view?

Let us know,

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi.

I currently pay for a Premium Spotify account which my wife and I use (it's not a family account,  so we don't listen to music at the same time, that's fine).

I was offered the Spotify experience today and I thought "great, I'll save 10$ a month"... but can my wife continue to use my Spotify account on her phone if she's not a Rogers customer, or will she be forced to buy another Premium account (which would be silly)? I'm just not sure I really understand "Available for up to 3 lines on a Share Everything + Plan"

Thanks.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @11561456,

If you sign up for the Share Everything + plan, you will be presented with an option to link an existing premium account. At this point you can link your existing account and can then use that account on multiple devices. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is my understanding with how/what it works.

You have one phone, you get the spotify premium account.  It has LOGIN A lets call it.
You can go in, listen, etc... i am not sure if you can log in, with that SAME account on multiple devices at the same time... but definately could one at a time.

The only downside, etc.. is that its all ACCOUNT specific, not device specific.. for alot of the account choices.  IE:  Favorites, playlists, etc... all will be the same on ANYTHING that logs in under account A.

(EG:  my wife has it for her phone.. she uses it more than me.. but i use ocassionaly.  I dont FAVORITE any of my artists, as she doesnt listen to them, and i dont want them showing up for her, etc)

IF you say got another line on the share everything plan (rather than its own seperate plan), you can then add a LOGIN B, which then would give all their own preferences, etc.

Thank @Gdkitty for sharing your thoughts Smiley Wink

Dear @11561456,

I just want to make sure that we are all on the same page.

In order for a family member to qualify for a free Spotify subscription, they must be added as a secondary smartphone line on your Share Everything + plan.

You can have up to three Spotify accounts, with each one linked an individual line, including the primary line, on your Rogers account.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

No I have not passed my 30 day trial. I mistakenly chose Texture December 13, as I thought I was allowed 2 choices. My mistake. My whole family (5 of us) are on the share everything plan, which my husband negotiated a few months ago, as a switch from Family Plan.  I wanted to set up the 3 Spotify accounts. I have had everything with Rogers for many years now, including all 5 cell phone lines, which is why I am annoyed that I cannot change from Texture to Spotify. I can see everything on MyRogers page, except Change Selection. Please help. 

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Evening @Psychomom4,

Thank you for confirming that information.

I'd like to take a deeper look into your account so that we can resolve your issue. 

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

I'm Here A Lot

Did you get the information that you required from me?
Debra 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Psychomom4,

Please check your PM. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

I sent you the info you required. Im not sure what the next steps are re finding a solution. Should I just call Rogers again? I tried that last weekend and an agent named Tina did not know what to do.