Sportsnetone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Sportsnetone

As we know in january the sportsone channel is going to be under the sport pack (that means that the free period its gone).

do you know if it's possible only to add this channel? not all the package, only sportsone channel.

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Sportsnetone

Hello cosarb,

Sportsnet One is only available with the Sports Pack.

Thank you,

RogersEric
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you have the Digital VIP package it is still available. At least it is tonight and it is still listed as one of the channels in the channels included for that package.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I just checked it today and I have the VIP pack. The info on the screen says the free period has ended, but I still get it.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I forgot to mention that I do NOT have the Sports Pack, so the earlier comment is incorrect.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

So Sportsnet One, which shows quite a few Bluejays games, is now only available in a package deal with a bunch of channels you probably don't want. It just keeps getting better and better.Man Frustrated

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For basic subscribers, possibly yes.

But price wise VIP is usually the best way to go, gets a lot of package channels without buying the package, plus extra outlets, for a lot less than basic plus extras added on

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Yes, it seems that way re: bundling of services. I thought there was a move underfoot to force companies like Rogers, Bell, etc. to allow us to select just the channels we want, not the ones they force us to pay for when we only want a couple of channels in a given package. There are hundreds of channels on Rogers cable, and I watch maybe 15 of them tops. I do subscribe to the Digital VIP package, which seems like the best deal, depending on what you like to watch, of course. My main interest is The Movie Network and HBO, but the package has a lot of other things in it. One thing I've always thought was strange is that TSN HD isn't availabel unless you subscribe to a package with US TV stations. I get all of the Sportsnet HD channels with the VIP package, but no TSN HD or TSN 2 HD, although they are available in SD. Weird.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In order to get TSN or TSN 2 in HD, you can either add HD Specialty pack (provided you subsribe to a minimum of Digital Plus), or upgrade to HD VIP.

As for Sportsnet One, my info shows it included w/ any VIP package, or can be added as a standalone channel for 2.79

Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Yes, I know I can subscribe to yet another "package" to get TSN HD, but why should I have to? Oh, wait, Sportsnet belongs to Rogers and TSN doesn't. Who would've thought? I already pay Rogers a ridiculous amount of money per month for cable, Internet, and wireless. I don't need any more packages. I also know that the annual letter will soon arrive in the mail telling me what a great customer I am and advising me of the latest round of rate increases.