Sportsnet world problems with guide info.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Sportsnet world problems with guide info.

We are very aggravated by the fact that the title of Rugby games is very often false.  It will say the name of the team on the guide and I will set it up to record as it is often in the middle of the night. When we come to play it, the content is something totally different, usually soccer.

This begs the question: is the rugby masquerading as soccer somewhere else?

The number of RugbyUnion games is very much reduced this season with no European games being offered at all. So we would at least like to receive what is advertised.

If anyone has any ideas about dealing with this please let me now as my husband's frustration level is very high concerning this matter..

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Sportsnet world problems with guide info.

Its not as much a.. receiving what is advertised... than more... whats advertised, is CORRECT.

Rogers (and most carriers) dont do the guide data themselves.. its from one of a bunch of 3rd party guide people.. who compile guide info for carriers.. and companys who have DVRs, TV cards for PCs, etc to pull from.

Question then is.. where is the breakdown.

IS it A) the company doing the guide, not just updating information?

B ) is it that the station is changing stuff regularily, after the initial info is out.. then it not being the same, etc.. and not informing?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Continuing gripe about the guide on SNWL This weekend there was an important Rugby game between Australia and |New Zealand. It was shown to be airing twice. Once on Friday and once overnight Sun/Mon. Friday turned out to be Soccer! and Mondays showing has been changed to Soccer on the guide.

There was another airing for rugby teams from New Zealand which I had set up on PVR. It turned out to be the Aus/NZ game. Lucky I recorded it BUT the game started 24 minutes in and we lost the Anthems which are an integral part of these particular games.

Clearly there is no-one looking after this channel who really cares or even understands what is going on. Who remembers when it was Setanta? Who knows about streaming these kinds of games and how to do it?

Audrey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here I am again commenting on SNWL. This is not actually with Guide Info but not sure how to start a new thread.

There has been a series of rugby games from something called the European Champions Cup. There is also a continuing news show called Total Rugby.

Someone in their wisdom has decided to run Total Rugby at the beginning of the two hours allotted for each of the last three games we have PVRd and watched. This has resulted in the end of the game being cut off and I have to look up the final result on the computer. Why not put Total Rugby on at the end if there is time?

While I am writing this I am realising that I should have added extra time to my recording but would like to suggest that Total Rugby could be aired at any of the blank times that appear on this channel filled with continuing "rubbish" repeated ad infinitum.

Any comments?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Start recording an hour early and an hour after the event . Take in consideration time zones and daylight saving time DST . Also check your local time with GPS time and know how many hours difference from broadcasting  TV Station and Receiving TV Station . Some things to consider when recording events half around the world .

Vitally
Highlighted
I've Been Around

It started with poor or no coverage of the Six Nations Rugby Championships in 2014. Then the Fall Rugby series between northern and southern countries was piecemeal. Now the weekly rugby games have 15 minutes of soccer clips so that the end of the games are cut off. I'm giving it to the end of the month and if it isn't better, I'm dropping my monthly subscription. I'm surprised Rogers would allow such poor service on a paid subscription channel.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here I am again. Now Sportsnet World has added 6 new Channels numbers 371-376 on my guide. Yesterday I set up a 3 hour Rugby game Bulls v Grigas in the Currie Cup to record. time was 1pm to 4pm Eastern on Channel 373.

When we watched our recording this afternoon we found that the entire 3 hours were taken up with Bundesliga soccer. This was a great disappoinment to us.  

I imagine there are also a few disappointed Soccer fans who have missed this showing due to the ineptitude of the people who make up the guide.

I wonder where our game is? The search facility is pretty hopeless too.

We are paying a premium for these Channels and would dearly love for a more reliable service. Rugby is not that popular and we are often left frustrated with the service.

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@aud sounds like we ruined your Saturday afternoon; I know the feeling when you get ready to watch your favorite program and are met with disappointment.

You deserve a better experience, we'll make sure the feedback gets to the right place.

RogersStrick 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your kind reply Roger.

. However the same thing has happened at least twice since my previous post. Once it was a Soccer game instead of  the Rugby match that was advertised  and the second time it was a half hour Sports magazine show that repeated itself 6 times in the three hour time slot.

We are not impressed by this and feel that we should be getting better service for our  $20.00 premium.

Please can you try harder?

aud

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi

Its me again. Two more times this week when the same Currie cup Rugby game was advertised and on neither occasion did we get what was announced. How do we get this posted accurately? 

There is little enough Rugby shown recently. The ITM Cup from New Zealand is in full swing at the moment with seven games a week. Last weekend we got one game. It was so much better when it was Setanta Sports with a great Facebook page as well for discussion and comment.

Is there some other way we can watch Rugby?

Aud