Space HD Channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HRM
I've Been Here Awhile

Space HD Channel

Since I cannot comment in the previous post on this topic I started a new post.

I would like to watch Space in HD.....I don't want the Cottage, Sunset, Aquarium channel or Chicken....why do I have this stuff but not Space...I realize it is a Bell owned channel....but Rogers...get your act together...

***Edited labels***

palmers3
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Space HD Channel

Space channel HD is finally here! It's already on Bell Satelite/BellFibe TV.  I hope Rogers doesnt take forever to add this to their line up.

RogersHemal
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

The Bell owned station will only be available on Bell Satellite TV Bell Fibe TV  because it has yet to sign any deals with other Canadian television service providers.

Once they do open up negotiations i'm sure we will carry this in the near future.  Stay tuned!

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

It's really too bad, distributors should not be allowed to own content creation... 

BassLake
I've Been Here Awhile

Much like if the petroleum industry was building cars and roads?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

july 6 it should be coming to rogers.

i hate how rogers has to negociate a seperate feed for the hd channel when we aready get the sd one as per negociated carriage contracts. they should substitute all sd feeds with hd ones and downconvert them for the sd customers

andya
I've Been Here Awhile

At least we have the Cottage Channel the Sunset Channel and the Aquarium Channel! The Rotisserie Channel will be in HD before we get SPACE HD 🙂

palmers3
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi again,

Today is July 6, and the official launch day of Space HD.  From what i can see it is not on Rogers.

Is there any news on when this will be coming? I thought it would be today considering Rogers is doing a lot of Torchwood: Miracle Day in HD advertisements?

Thanks.

BrokenSphere
I've Been Around

I hope this doesn't turn in to another TSN2...  that took several months

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess is Space is not going to give Rogers their HD feed for free when they should, Instead, theyre gonna sucker Rogers into paying an ADDITIONAL CARRIAGE for carrying their HD simulcast of their Space HD channel when they should be giving Rogers the HD feed for the already negociated SD feed carriage they have had in place for years and downconvert the HD feed to SD for their SD customers