Sound quality of PVR'ed shows?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlmonteJ
I've Been Around

Sound quality of PVR'ed shows?

I have the standard silver HD PVR (Explorer 4250??) and an HDMI connection.  The sound quality of our recorded shows are always weaker than watching the show live (in HD or otherwise).  Is there a setting that I haven't done right, or anything that should be done to the TV?  It is frustrating to always crank up the volume whenever we're watching a PVR'ed show.

Thanks!

J in Almonte

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Mythorn
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Sound quality of PVR'ed shows?

I have an HDPVR hooked up with HDMI and have not had any issues such as you describe.  (The model would be 8300 or 8642).  Is your box Black or Silver in colour?  That will tell me the model number.  How long has the issue been occurring?  (i.e.. always, just recently, intermittently?)  How long has it been connected in this manner? 

The first thing that would be suggested if you were to call in would be to reboot the box (enter the Enhanced Guide, go to "Service" and then "Need Help".  Select OK (if nothing is currently being recorded) and wait for the box to reboot and come back.  When the time reappears, you can turn the power of the box back on (Note: Your TV will already be on, so just press the power button on the PVR itself).

Try to record something new and see if the problem happens again.  If it does, then my guess would be a faulty PVR.  There's no reason why live TV would be one level and recorded would be different.  If the reboot fixes it, try your existing recorded programs and see if they are fixed as well.  If they aren't, then those recordings will continue to have the problem, but new ones should work properly.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mythorn
I'm Here A Lot

I have an HDPVR hooked up with HDMI and have not had any issues such as you describe.  (The model would be 8300 or 8642).  Is your box Black or Silver in colour?  That will tell me the model number.  How long has the issue been occurring?  (i.e.. always, just recently, intermittently?)  How long has it been connected in this manner? 

The first thing that would be suggested if you were to call in would be to reboot the box (enter the Enhanced Guide, go to "Service" and then "Need Help".  Select OK (if nothing is currently being recorded) and wait for the box to reboot and come back.  When the time reappears, you can turn the power of the box back on (Note: Your TV will already be on, so just press the power button on the PVR itself).

Try to record something new and see if the problem happens again.  If it does, then my guess would be a faulty PVR.  There's no reason why live TV would be one level and recorded would be different.  If the reboot fixes it, try your existing recorded programs and see if they are fixed as well.  If they aren't, then those recordings will continue to have the problem, but new ones should work properly.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

View solution in original post

Mythorn
I'm Here A Lot

Oh, I forgot something - if it is a black 8642 HDPVR, then the method to reboot will be to actually unplug/replug the power cord.