Sound Distortion with Nexbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sound Distortion with Nexbox 3.0

We recently upgraded to the NexBox 3.0 and we have had one major issue with the system. While watching live tv & pvr'd shows the sound becomes disorted.

The picture is fine but the sound is distorted, there is echoing & background noises. We have tried using a higher quality HDMI cable but it makes no difference.

The only way to clear uo the distortion is to turn off the tv  & turn it back on.

This is the 3rd Nexbox we are on and this problem is still happening. We are using the Nexbox on our 55" Toshiba Regza.

Our Nexbox HD Terminal that we also have has not given us any sound distortion.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Sound Distortion with Nexbox 3.0

There have been a number that have had it. Some it's never gone away, one or two, it seemed to go away after a period of time.

It's the same software as on that HD box, so it would have to be hardware... But the good majority of users I have heard from don't have the issue, so it's not global... Not sure if its a the box not likeing certain tvs ect.

I've Been Here Awhile

We just took back the box to Rogers and we were told next time to call and have a technician come by the house that it must be the wiring or something at our house/area.

I've Been Around

Was your problem solved?

I'm having the same issue... If it was fixed, could you tell me how they fixed it?

Thanks,

Martin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on your exact issue.. no it hasnt been fixed yet.

The NB3, though seems to do it LESS now with recent updates, it still does it... MOST of the sound distortions, are likely from when the NB3 switches from DD5.1 to PCM2.0
Depending on the reciever its into, or even a TV if it has a virtual surround, etc.. can react differntly and the sound change in how its outputed between the two modes.