Sony Xperia Z1 update? (Not JB)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Sony Xperia Z1 update? (Not JB)

Can anyone tell me when the new update comes out? On Sony 's website it says there's new software available.
My Z1's is on software version

14.2.A.0.290

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 update? (Not JB)

Wasn't done yet....
Sony's newest software version is 14.2.A.1.136 which includes White balance adjustment, optimized wifi and some other updates.
Can we expect this soon?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Adje1960

The 4.4 Kit Kat update is said to be " Coming Soon" by Rogers on their " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread. There is no firm date or ETA given. They don't give out that info until they are about to release it. We just have to wait and see when it will be out. I would give it a few weeks.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not talking about the KK update, but some improvements on JB. It's been out a while now.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Adje1960

That i wouldn't know but most likely those will come with the Kit Kat update when it gets released. They don't tell anyone when a small update comes out. Only when a big update does
I Plan to Stick Around

Sony Xperia Z1 kit kat

I'm missing the answering machine on my Z1 kit kat update. Is it just me or did Rogers remove that feature? Please only answers from fellow Z1 owners.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 kit kat

Hello Adje1960

If your talking about Visual Voicemail its been removed as Rogers took it down months if not a year ago.

If your talking about regular Voicemail, go into the Phone icon and press 1 in the keypad. It will take you straight into voicemail.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm talking about neither. Answering Machine is a kit kat feature on the Z1. Name says it all.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Adje1960

Your title doesn't say about it, just says Kit Kat..

Anyways here is the manual for it on the Z1. If you don't find it on your device, it could be Sony Canada removed it. See if those steps gives u it. 

http://userguide.sonymobile.com/referrer.php?region=global-en&product=xperia-z1#!Receiving-calls.htm...

EDIT - Just asked my buddy to check his Telus Z1. He said his doesn't have it either. Seems like it's a Sony Canada removal. Best thing to do Is contact Sony Canada Support and see if they can give you a answer. Rogers doesn't have a say if Sony removes something from the update.  

I Plan to Stick Around

According to other forums it's under Call Log -> Menu -> Enable Answering Machine.  (I do not own a Z1 so I can't verify the info.)