Sony Xperia T Won't send or recieve MMS even on LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sony Xperia T Won't send or recieve MMS even on LTE

Hey chat, 

So here's my issue, I've been through hundreds of sites and fixes and whatnot for this issue and nothing is working.
My Xperia T is not sending or recieving MMS even tho we are able to as it is in our plan, my phone is on Ultimate PureXT v4.4 my APN settings will follow

APN: ltemobile.apn

proxy not set

port not set

username and password not set

server not set

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com (currently, have used 10.128.1.69 but it didn't work)

MMS port: 80
MCC: 302

MNC: 720

authentication type not set

APN protocol ipv4/v6 and v4 for roaming

MVNO type not set

Network mode had to be set to lte prefered/wcdma/gsm from the service menu so it's set to that and still can't send or recieve mms, data works great tho

Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, please explain what you would do like, step by step as if I was a newcomer and not knowladgeable because I'm fairly stupid, thanks again!

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Sony Xperia T Won't send or recieve MMS even on LTE

Hello, @Tsukasashouji

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I appreciate all your attempts to make MMS work on your phone. Is it an unlocked device?

May I suggest to take a backup of your phone, perform a factory reset and try the following APN settings;

Rogers MMS Settings

Settings

Details

APN

media.com

Username

media

Password

mda01

MMS Gateway Address

MMS URL

http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy

You can find other APN settings here, please let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That APN cuts off my data and the LTE settings on the other page you linked don't work since they're the ones I already have programmed into the phone, no my phone isn't unlocked, the firmware is one that was compatible with locked phones.

Anything else that you might suggest to fix my problem?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tsukasashouji,

I just wanted to add my insight to this situation. So far I can see you're not able to send or receive MMS using your Sony Xperia T device. Has it worked in the past, if so were there any recent changes to your plan or device? With most smartphone devices, you have to make sure the cellular data is turned on in order to send and receive MMS. Normally with all our Rogers devices the APN settings are factory set before shipped. So you could try performing a backup and a factory reset to put all default APN settings back into the device.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Certainly the last time I knew for certain that I could use MMS was back when I was on the default ROM but I have no way of getting back to the old ROM as I haven't been on it for nearly 2 years and checking around only found the default ROM for an unlocked Xperia T from the states not one from rogers, I would be willing to go back to the shipped firmware if I could but currrently I have no way of doing so.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tsukasashouji,

Thank you for your patience. If you have loaded a custom ROM on the Sony Xperia T, it may no longer be compatible with all of our services. Have you confirmed that your device is the issue by testing your SIM card in another Rogers device? Have you tried a backup and factory reset on your device in the past to see if this helps?

RogersArthur