cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Play

messudy
I've Been Around

Has there been any word on a release date for the Play or are we limited to Spring 2011?

Also what is the turn around like for android updates on Rogers phones?

Messudy

"Boob Stab!"

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sony Xperia Play

I didn't get mine either.  I then called Rogers, and after being passed around different call centers for over an hour am still no further ahead than when I started.

If Rogers is going to hype this product they better be able to deliver.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AngelsKiss
I Plan to Stick Around

No release dates announced as yet. They willprobably announce it on the Reboard or if you signed up with Rogers to get news you should get an email from them as soon as they announce it.

As for Android updates some of that is dependent on the manufacturer and then after they have done their tweaks I guess Rogers has to vet it before releasing it.

Whoaness
I've Been Here Awhile

Did anyone get their preorder call?  Because I certainly didn't get mine, and I'm pretty mad about it.

I didn't get mine either.  I then called Rogers, and after being passed around different call centers for over an hour am still no further ahead than when I started.

If Rogers is going to hype this product they better be able to deliver.

Crimus
I've Been Here Awhile
Same here. been keeping my awake hours to Rogers business hours since the 15th to make sure I don't miss the call.

I contacted Rogers via email about it and the reply as always ignored my actual inquiry and I was simply told the release date has been pushed back to May 1 (no surprise to me with stock issues out of Japan).

So I still await a response to as to why I haven't recieved the call yet in addition to the call itself.

Liandros
I've Been Here Awhile

So I got the call yesterday.. Transferred to Cus Service to upgrade.. Person said I needed to do it online(on the Pre-order page), which I had already done... told him that didn't work, all it says is: 

Thank you for registering for Rogers exclusive Pre-order hardware Upgrade of the PLAY.

Your order has been received and is being assessed for upgrade eligibility. A Rogers Customer service representative will contact the wireless number provided the week of April 15th between the hours of 9 AM - 5 PM to validate and complete your Pre-order Hardware Upgrade.

Cannot do it through my account, either, since clicking upgrade phone tells me to call rogers customer service, who tells me I need to do it online, and to talk to, and can ONLY talk to Live Assistants about this issue... This is too complicated for a pre-order!

Phone customer service says "oh you'll just have to wait to go pick it up in store".. What's the point of a pre-order special($99 instead of $149) with 10$ off activation(don't get me started about activation fee) + free shipping if it doesn't even work properly! *sigh*

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation