Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Still waiting!!!!Man Mad

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers, APPROVE THE UPDATE FROM SONY ERRICSON SO MY WIFE CAN INSTALL IT ON HER x10A AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!

I've Been Around

When I called tech support yesterday they said the update would be available today.  He was reading an email that had just been sent to him when I called.  When you click on the Sony Ericsson x10 cell phone on Rogers site then click on support the 2.1 update download link is there.  Only problem is all you get is PC Companion and no update as of yet.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@AnxietyDaze That has been up on the website for a few days now, it doesn't mean the update is actually there however.

As per SE, you should be getting an OTA notification about the update being available, once it does come so you shouldn't need to keep checking via PC Companion.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Tech says the udpate is temporarily delayed due to Sony being unable and/or having problems updating some devices.  Not quite sure what this means as far as the overall timeframe for the update is concerned now... 

I've Been Here Awhile

Well that doesn't suprise me.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the baseband version that is on Rogers phones.

Most of the world is at baseband version of R2BA026, while rogers remains stuck at R2BA020.

I was tempted to manually update to R2BA026 via information I found on xda-developers website - but thought twice about because I figured the 2.1 update would be here soon enough and I'm "assuming" that the baseband version will be upgraded along with it.

Besides if I manually update to the newer baseband version i might as well use the Nordic firmware to upgrade to 2.1. Seems redonculous.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well apparently a few ppl have gotten the rogers update today 2 i know of in ottawa nothign yet for me for some reason

I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing in Toronto, no text msg & PC Companion is the same, no update yet !

I Plan to Stick Around

I second Eurochick.  Nothing in Toronto. 

Build R2BA020

Wish someone (Rogers/Sony) could offer some non-ambiguous clarity to those of us who are anxiously waiting...

I'm Here A Lot

@Artemis wrote:

Rogers Tech says the udpate is temporarily delayed due to Sony being unable and/or having problems updating some devices.  Not quite sure what this means as far as the overall timeframe for the update is concerned now... 

Well, if this is true then it doesn't surprise me one bit.  I love the SE Xperia X10 hardware but the most frustrating thing about this product is Sony Ericsson itself.  I cannot understand how a company cannot plan, announce, and release updates on a timeline they can hit.

It's inexcusable that they communicate so poorly to customers exactly when updates will come.  We should not have to constantly google for any breadcrumb\hint of when we might get an update that we should have had months ago!

I realize this is a rant that many have had before, but once again, SE found a way to annoy me one more time and ensure my future smartphone will be something else.

Oh, and it would also be nice SE if Android 2.2 is something you soon, not 6 months from now... or never.