Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Hi Sony,

If you prefer to wait until the Rogers official update to Gingerbread rather than to experiment with the custom ROM installation, that's perfectly reasonable, The custom ROM installation process is fairly precise and there is much that can go wrong if it's not done exactly right. OTOH, the official upgrade will be a fairly painless procedure using SEUS.

Apparently Rogers has publicly stated that it will release an update but is not yet sure of timing. Those who are holding out for the simpler official update probably won't need to wait more than a month or so... and that's not too bad, considering the new life that the update brings to this phone.

As mentioned in another thread here, I've already done the GB upgrade using an XDA process. The new system is quite nice and works fine with Rogers 3G, even in this unofficial unbranded version. One nice thing about Rogers is that there's no extra charge or permission required to use the X10 for tethering if your data plan is for 1GB/month or more. Some other carriers levy extra charges for tethering. (If your data plan is for less than 1GB/month, check with Rogers to find out if there's extra cost for tethering.)

One other thing... while Adobe Flash works with the new version, it might not be pre-installed. You can easily get it for free from the Market but don't assume it's there.

I've Been Here Awhile

I was advised of my update yesterday and downloaded it. Nice but a little buggy... I am reloading it to be sure it came in clean

I've Been Around

it lasts a few days easy. just dont use the sceen. the screen will easily take 80% of the battery life.

I've Been Around

Is anyone having trouble updating their X10?

I just got mine yesterday (super clearance deal) and it says there is an upgrade but it won't let me proceed ... I get stuck at the 'hold the back button and plug the USB cable into the phone ' part in PC companion ...

help!

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you continuing to hold the back button till you have inserted the cable (three hands would be useful when you're not used to it!) and until the computer prompts you to let go of the back button? If so, what sort of message, if any, are you getting?

There is also another way of updating the phone, through the Sony Ericsson Update Service. I don't have a link to that off-hand, but I should be able to find it if you can't. I have noticed on the Sony Ericsson site that it often says it us for a different phone, but you don't need to worry about that - the update service won't update your phone with anything it shouldn't have.

Do let me know how you get on