Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

On the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 what is the talk/standby time?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has a Talk Time Up to 8 hours and Standby time Up to 18 days.

I've Been Here Awhile

Not even in airplane mode this phone won't last 18 days 🙂

I know this is not standby time but:

I have a Rogers X10 and with the original firmware the battery lasted around 16h with less than 10min + 10 SMS/day and wifi on.

With the Rogers R2BA020 and wifi/gps/bluetooth off and data on the battery is drained in about 2 days... max. 3 days if i don't listen music or browse the net.

I'm a Senior Contributor

I'd suggest downloading Advanced Task Killer, works great just ensure to run it frequently.

Hopefully Rogers publically launches the R2BA023 firmware soon as it really does help battery life quite a bit.

I Plan to Stick Around

The X10 gets nowhere near its advertised talk and standby time. I'm not sure how they arrived at those outlandish numbers. I got about 12 hours of battery life out of the phone with normal use, which was pretty pitiful. However, I installed some monitoring software on the phone and it seemed that the problem (mainly) was the phone was being prevented from going into standby mode from an application on the phone.

That application happened to be the Launcher that comes on the phone (Rachel) and if you replace it with ADW Launcher or my personal favourite, Helix Launcher (Donut version) you will notice a fair improvement in your battery life. I now receive 25-30 hours of battery life from a single charge with normal use.

It also helps to update to the R2*20 firmware rather than the stock R1*14, but even then if you're still running Rachel you're not going to notice a really big improvement. Replacing the launcher is your best bet.

I've Been Here Awhile

You are suggesting something wrong.

Android is doing is own memory management.
Killing apps with ATK won't improve the batter because those apps will be restated again and again by the system.

Also, even if you root your phone and install a software to stop this applications at boot, won't help much because you have to pay attention what apps you stop/kill.

If you kill apps you use daily, you do more damage by killing them.

What helps is: keep wifi off but as i said, not even in airplane mode this phone won't last 18 days 🙂
I'm a Senior Contributor

If you have your X10 rooted, you can simply uninstall the programs always running (moxier, etc), so that should solve the issue. Otherwise, even if you run ATK once every few hours, it will help, even if just a little.

I'm Here A Lot

Owning the X10 for a bit i found the best solution was changing you luncher,

switching to ADW doubled my battery life.

still sold the phone though, it was slow, buggy, and the keyboard was brutal, no multi touch, and the fact that everything had to be done through time scapre for contacts, and all media through media scape was super annoying.

if your in the market for an Android device i do not suggest this phone,

i am very happy wtih the Acer Liquid E

bonus that it already has android 2.1 and scheduled to get 2.2 by october

no set date or time except for 4th quarter for the X10 to get 2.1

I Plan to Stick Around

@SgtEddieWhoever

You do realize that you don't have to use either Timescape or Mediascape, correct? I haven't touched either app and I can play music and look at my contacts just fine.

2.1 on Xperia X10 in Q3 of this year. Your info is outdated.

I've Been Around

Please rogers update the x10 to at least 2.1, pleeaaasseee....