Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

I'm certain it's not a hybrid including a Samsung Galaxy phone. 🙂

I'm a Senior Contributor

Haha @ Galaxy. Whoops, theres a typo! Meant Samsung Captive and PSP lol.
I've Been Here Awhile

I saw Xperia/PSP branding.  Why would sony team up with samsung when they have their own Cell Phone division. Refer here:

http://www.xperiax10.net/2010/08/12/sony-ericsson-prepping-playstationxperia-branded-phone-running-a...

All this is just rumors tho at this point.  Also no 2.1 til late october at the earliest and i'd recommend debranding your phone if youd like to receive the update anywhere around that date because it will probably take a couple extra months for rogers to add their bloatware to the phone and give us an official rogers 2.1 release.  Only decent app rogers provides is the account app which can be downloaded off the Android Market once you debrand your device.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

gsmarena.com should be everybody's friend:

Here's some pertinent information about the X10's update to Éclair:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_tastes_eclair_with_720p_video-news-2003.php

I've Been Here Awhile

Ha, I think it's hilarious that a Rogers employee basically suggested rooting your phone.  Maybe if Rogers didn't spend so much time "perfecting" the firmware they put on their phones more people would root their phone and then have access to features such as updates that are actually released on time, ability to download any app they wanted and access to new beta Google features.  But yes, I would have to agree that since Rogers will continue to a pain the A** when it comes to supporting anything or allowing users to root their phones and fix their own problems that everyone just do a Google search, root your phone and begin enjoying the real features offered by the Android OS.

To reply to the beginning of this thread.  No, the SE X10 does not get anywhere near the advertised battery life.  The latest firmware update via Rogers and SEUS does help a lot but the battery life is still very much improved if you root your phone, get rid of the SE Moxier **bleep** and then update to at least Android 2.1.  If you do that, you'll start to see a few days of battery life even with the occasional wi-fi, bluetooth and fairly heavy internet and music usage.  Changing the launcher is a great suggestion also.

Of course, if you don't want to root your phone since it will stupidly void your warrantee and service agreements with Rogers then at least update to the latest firmware and then cross your fingers and hope that Rogers eventually sees fit to grace it's customers with 2.1 sometime soon considering the rest of the world has had it for months.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Please don't misinterpret my posts from the start of the thread. I did not mean to imply anyone should void their warranty, I was simply replying to the post above which was referring to a rooted device.

I would also like to clarify, as of midnight last night countries in Europe started to get the 2.1 update for the X10. You might be thinking of other devices getting the 2.1 update for several months, but not the X10. You can see what I referring to in this recent update from SE.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi!  So the new firmware for the X10 was released today.  When is it going to be available through Rogers?  I can't update using the PC Companion program yet.  I bet it is because the phone is branded. 

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

Check out THIS BLOG.

I Plan to Stick Around

Bear in mind that this is only a rumour at the moment that the update for Rogers customers willl be next week.

When SE Canada said it would definitely be this month, does that necessarily mean that it will be this month for Rogers customers, or is there still a chance that Rogers will be making their own changes to it after that date?
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 update to 2.1

Still waiting while X10 in other Counties have already upgrade to 2.1