Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

I have been watching the news very carefully on this as my X10 is on its dying legs with 2.1. It seems the global roll-out will take about a week, with most of the EU already done. I'm hoping it comes to Canada Monday, but we'll have to see. I look forward to this update as its much needed!
Sony
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm hoping for a roll out in Canada by next week as well.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully Rogers does push it out.

PS. Here's a video of Xperia X10 running Gingerbread (in Thai): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tocrS0SHYUE (the performance looks kinda sluggish, so I'm a little worried about that but everything else looks fine, especially the old TV style screen close. Really liking that!)

siuwill
I've Been Around

Hi When Rogers will release Android version 2.3 for SE Xperia 10?

sjfrhodes
I Plan to Stick Around

At the moment, the question is IF Rogers will release it, rather than WHEN.
sjfrhodes
I Plan to Stick Around

... unless someone from Rogers is able to ell us one way or the other...?
logicallayer
I've Been Here Awhile

If rogers doesnt releasr it , there are two options to deal with this.
First you go debrand your phone then u can upgrade to any version that have 2.3 (check xda developer)
2nd there is a prerooted version of 2.3 that will work on any x10 (check doomland article on xda developer)

But if rogers neglect upgrading us then it will be very frustrating considering their ignorance getting us samsung galaxy s2 and forcing LG and htc 3d on us instead.
Sony
I Plan to Stick Around

If Rogers doesn't release it (the description is very useful)

**edited for content**

androidmd
I'm Here A Lot

Sony, about your video...

- What is the difference between the first method where you only flash the phone and do not root it?
- And after with method, will the any features not be the same or be unavailable after the upgrade?

(I'm not too knowledgable about these things, but I definitely want to be aware if in case...)

thanks

sjfrhodes
I Plan to Stick Around

Word that Rogers are going to release the update, but nothing on timing yet...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=16122&post=72817&uid=175772339270#post72817
RobertYuna
I Plan to Stick Around

I am a Rogers customer.  Rogers released the 2.1 update last December.  It works fine but I am eager for the 2.3.