cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

On the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 what is the talk/standby time?

***edited labels***

124 REPLIES 124

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

sushidushi
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you on the Android 2.1 software?  It wasn't possible to connect to many college and uni networks with Android 1.6, but that has changed with 2.1.

Colinjlyon
I Plan to Stick Around
ADHOC wasn't supported In 1.6 and now it is.

After having updated to Android 2.1 on my X10 (which has been excellent so far), I am surprised to see the camera still not having a "flash".

Am I missing something, I was under the impression they were going to fix that up?  Maybe not?  Can an app add this functionality this time around?

....while i'm on the whole 2.1 update/X10 subject...

My bluetooth is still cutting out just like in version 1.6.  The phone connects to my bluetooth headset (Jabra SP200), but then within 10 seconds it's disconnected again.  A little while later, maybe within a minute or two, it will reconnect again.  This process seems to continue at random (connect/disconnect) and interupts phone calls.

Anybody else finding this?

Thanks.

RobertYuna
I Plan to Stick Around

Help!  I bought an Xperia X10 in early August.  Without warning today, every time I touch the screen, I get this message:

"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

I hit the "force close" button repeatedly to no avail.  I've rebooted, removing the battery for an hour to no avail.

Is this phone fried after only 6 months?  Help!!!!

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hey RobertYuna,

It sounds like you have a corrupted file running on your phone. If you are not able to kill it via the "force close" option then the only option you may have is to do a software restore on your phone.

If you are able to backup your phone, I would suggest doing so. 

Once your backup is complete, load up PC Companion and choose to restore your phone. Your phone will go back to the factory settings, fixing the corrupted file that is giving you your error.

leachs49
I've Been Around

Can any one tell me what is going on with the SE xperia 10 phones that won't take the the Android 2.1 update?  I bought one from a friend at work (phone is 6 months old), and tried to install the update.  The phone won't accept the update.  Tech support declares the phone defective and states I will receive a new phone (or refurbished) but one that will 'not be defective'.  Problem is I can't get a phone.  Something is going on with the phone availability.  According to the last 6 or so calls to Rogers, the phone is on back order, but is in stock and will be shipped out to me in 3-5 business days.  So I'm left to this venue for information since I can't get any help from Rogers.  Does anyone know what is currently going on.

As an aside, from the EULA I just agree to, does this mean Rogers can modify and publish what I've just written?

"For any content that you submit, you hereby grant to Rogers a world-wide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free and transferable right and licence to use, reproduce, copy, modify, compress, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, communicate, publicly perform, publicly display, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed without compensation to you."

**edited for content**

bstdenis
I've Been Here Awhile

I am not sure if this has been answered already but I will ask anyway.  How does one configure the initial security page in Android 2.1 to change the "This phone belongs to" to have my own name rather than "Rogers"?  I apologise if this has already been answered.  If it has, please point me to the solution.

Thank you.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10...When do we get the latest firmware update?

RobertYuna
I Plan to Stick Around

When will Rogers release the latest firmware update that will permit dual-touch action?  

Other enhancements in this small firmware update too.  When will you release it, Rogers?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Yuna

still waiting on the 2011 UXP update as well. Rogers, we want some details!?!

pogue40
I've Been Here Awhile

Update is available today but the call forwarding icon problem is still not fixed.  I have to cancel call forwarding twice in order to get the icon on the notification bar to be removed.  One finger zoom and dual touch is awsome though.

sushidushi
I Plan to Stick Around

I had to use the Sony Ericsson Update Service to get the update on mine - I couldn't get it the over-the-air or through PC Companion.  PC Companion ought to allow you to do the same thing, but it doesn't always happen that way...

I also love the dual touch pinh-zoom functions.  I have also noticed that the music player under Mediascape now allows you to create and edit playlists, which wasn't something that Sony Ericsson had said would be made available, so that was a good surprise.

If anyone wants to know what the update covers:

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/02/01/next-update-for-the-xperia-x10-and-x8-family/

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around

good news for us sony x10a users...in a surprised move sony ericsson has officially announced that they will indeed update the sony x10 from 2.1 eclair to gingerbread 2.3...it will be released sometime in q2 or q3 of this year...

Rogers please update the sony x10a to gingerbread...we x10a users are waiting....cant wait...

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/03/25/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-receiving-gingerbread-update/

Stagger
I Plan to Stick Around

The article states "the update will be limited to generic trade kits, leaving the customized version for operators by the wayside".

I think that's us... on the wayside. Wave to the nice people as they go by.

sushidushi
I Plan to Stick Around

If anyone wishes to see what Sony Ericsson have said on their official product blog, this is the link:

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia%E2%84%A2-x10/

They haven't said that those tied to operators will not get the update to 2.3.  To quote from the blog: "The roll-out is planned to start end Q2/early Q3 this year. Today, XperiaTM X10 is available in the market both in generic trade version and in versions customized for operators. Due to the resources available in this special project, we will focus on delivering trade versions of the software.  Regarding possible customized operators kit we will have to get back with more information on this at a later stage. But we want to be very clear already at this stage on the fact that some of you may not get this upgrade."

So, they are focvussing on the phones that are not locked to operators, but there is not yet any information on what the individual operators will do with it.  We will just have to wait and see, but I would welcome any comments that Rogers are able to make at this stage...

Crimus
I've Been Here Awhile
gingerbread for x10 coming this summer.

DarkMorpheus
I've Been Around

I just learned about the upcoming 2.3 upgrade yesterday. Good news, good news, but did anyone notice the subtle hints at it being a compatible version for the X10? I understood the fact that the lack of certain hardware prevent certain functionality, but what else do they mean by this?

sushidushi
I Plan to Stick Around

I honestly don't think that there is anything to read into.  It just means that whilst developing the software for the newer phones, they found a way of getting Gingerbread to work on the X10.

But whether the upgrade to 2.3 will come the way of Rogers customers is another matter - see my posts above for links to the Sony Ericsson product blog.

clockwork58
I Plan to Stick Around

When Gingerbread gets released for the x10, just monitor the x10 forums. They will quickly have a way to load it onto handsets which are operator versions and convert yours to a generic. 

Sony
I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATE on Android Gingerbread (v2.3.3) for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - JUNE 20, 2011

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/06/20/update-on-gingerbread-for-xperia%E2%84%A2-x10/ (Official Update)

Thanks.

evanleibovitch
I Plan to Stick Around

The worrisome part of the SE blog post is this:

"Even if there will be some operator kits getting this upgrade, as said before – some of you will not be able to upgrade your customized version of XperiaTM X10."

SE will make it available, but it's up to telcos (ie Rogers) to determine timing or even whether its customers will get the update officially (through PC Companion). There are already concerns that AT&T will not pass the update on to its X10 customers; Rogers hasn't been mentioned in those threads.

On the good side, even if Rogers doesn't provide an official update, users who aren't afraid to root their phones will easily be able to reap the benefits of the update. The devs at XDA who have already been providing Gingerbread for the X10 for many months will be able to use the update code to provide a flashable ROM that will give the update's benefits to anyone who wants it.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!