cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

On the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 what is the talk/standby time?

***edited labels***

124 REPLIES 124

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Jan_Jan
I've Been Here Awhile

I GOT IT!!! I updated my phone to 2.1 finally, I tried around 7AM and I turn on my PC Companion and tried the update but nothing happened, I opened the "Update Service" nothing happened and then a pop up message came up on PC Companion saying I need to make sure that my phone is connected as it is preparing for an update and then I just followed the instruction and it took me about 10-15 minutes and I got it.

The phone will take time to start to do its thing and then it'll start and prompt you to do the setup.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Jan_Jan
I've Been Here Awhile
Just to add, I lost all my apps that I downloaded ene tho I backed up my b4 I started the update so kinda sucks, to the market i'll be!!!

altimatic
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jan_Jan wrote:

I GOT IT!!! I updated my phone to 2.1 finally, I tried around 7AM and I turn on my PC Companion and tried the update but nothing happened, I opened the "Update Service" nothing happened and then a pop up message came up on PC Companion saying I need to make sure that my phone is connected as it is preparing for an update and then I just followed the instruction and it took me about 10-15 minutes and I got it.

The phone will take time to start to do its thing and then it'll start and prompt you to do the setup.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

I too can confirm that I've finally been able to update to Android 2.1  What Jan_Jan had described is pretty accurate.  There appears to be a delay after you turn on PC Companion (and have your phone connected to your computer) but there is a pop up message that eventually appears to tell you that it's preparing for an update.  Just follow the instructions and it's fairly straightforward.

Everything went smoothly for me and was able to restore all my apps.

Anyways, once the process is complete you should see the following versions for your phone:

Firmware version:  2.1-update1

Baseband Version - 2.0.46

Kernel version - 2.6.29  (SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1)

Build Number - 2.0.A.0.504

I'm happy to finally be at Android 2.1.  But let us not let SE off the hook and be satisified with 2.1.  We should be on version 2.2.  Keep the pressure on them to give us this soon, not 6 more months for now.. or never.  We should never be always 1 or 2 versions behind!!!

altimatic
I Plan to Stick Around

I forgot to mention, I'm located in Toronto.. in case others from other part of Canada are not having any success in updating yet.

I confirm, I got it also this morning using the update service.  Took about 10  minutes to install, and the phone's first boot after it took about 5 minutes, Just make sure before updating that you do a backup of all your settings using the latest version of the backup and restore app.

Terry675
I Plan to Stick Around

Woke up early and thought I would give it a try.. Computer said  i had a PC Companion update and did that. Hooked up the phone and it said that it was already up to date so I closed and hit the button about 5 or 6 times and then it finally said I had an update ready to install. As the other person said, make sure you do a back up with the newest back up software version and then you wil have links to most of your software. So much for 1232-4507 not being done by Sony.Smiley Very Happy

altimatic
I Plan to Stick Around

@Terry675 wrote:

Woke up early and thought I would give it a try.. Computer said  i had a PC Companion update and did that. Hooked up the phone and it said that it was already up to date so I closed and hit the button about 5 or 6 times and then it finally said I had an update ready to install. As the other person said, make sure you do a back up with the newest back up software version and then you wil have links to most of your software. So much for 1232-4507 not being done by Sony.Smiley Very Happy

Terry675, I think SE literally hired monkey's off the street.  LOL

Yvan
I've Been Around
Thanks, I've installed SEUS this morning and finally got the update... I'm now running 2.1.

PC Companion was no help, keeping telling me that my phone was up to date.

🙂

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

PC compnaion didnt worked tryed SEUS and voila 2.1 update!

Colinjlyon
I Plan to Stick Around

so here is a question....  i dont have a PC.... i have a mac.  am i going to be able to update via the phone at all?  or do i have to connect ot a PC with SEUS to do the update at all?  i really dont want to have to go through the bother of downloading a hacked version of windown to install on my mac and setting up bootcamp and **bleep**.....

hdaubel
I Plan to Stick Around

Great!  I got the update too.  First I tried with PC Companion, I was getting the message that there was new software available but then in the middle of the update it said that an error had occured!  Then I tried SEUS and it worked!!!

SEUS can be accessed here:  C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\Update Service.exe

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Glad to hear everyone (mostly) is able to get the update and all is going well.

Colinjlyon
I Plan to Stick Around

would like to bring this thread to everyones attention who has completed the update.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/message-id/270#M270

SeanX10
I'm Here A Lot
Yup, just got 2.1 update and it works great.....Toronto, Canada

jman
I've Been Around

i must say the 2.1 update is like 2.2 on othe phones impress of sony well done worth the wait to get it right muilty touch is now here pintch zoom as well with dolpin hd browser an i could on an on from video messaging to full 1080p video recording to hd pictures to battery life being amazing last all day even checking emails an after playing games an other things not even half battery life you to the ne button on the home screen widget for deming the light an it also 4g speeds now with hspa now hands down rogers best phone now the grapics are much inprove a long with genral speed lighting fast

RogersErin

@community

Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions on the much-anticipated Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 2.1 update!

Smiley Very Happy

Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This 2.1 update is like 2.2 ? serioulsy ?

How many app can you install on your X10 runnin 2.1 ? Nope, you can't install app on the SD card, that comes with 2.2.

You also don't have the improved Browser (with new Java Script engine) that comes with 2.2.

Can you play Flash content on your phone? No you can't, that also comes with 2.2 (on some devices).

Granted, this update improves the X10 user experience a lot but that's still no 2.2 ... or 2.3 which will be out very soon.

Colinjlyon
I Plan to Stick Around
yes its a nice update but its not froyo.

bstdenis
I've Been Here Awhile

Now how long until 2.2???!!!

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

SE has said it hasnt been decided if they will update to update to 2.2 so this may be the last major update in the OS..I think they wont for the simple fact Anzu is comming and that will replace the x10 considering its basically a x10 wiht a few diffrent Hardware tweeks. Wouldnt suprise me either wouldnt be the first time SE has dumped a phone for another one Satio great example well this will be my last SE ever considering the poor customer service!!!! Im hoping the Bootloader gets cracked and we can put 2.2 on ourselves. Heres hoping!

Pritpal
I've Been Around

i cant connect  to my college Wi Fi on my new sony sricsson x10

tell me what to do

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?