Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

I will see if I can get some more information for you all.

I am not sure what I can and can not talk about at this point, due to the fact I am an employee.

I will test for myself shortly to see if I can get the update as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks
I've Been Here Awhile

Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if this update is pushed back again to early december, if that lol

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i have one question, will flashing the phone with a global 2.1 firmware void my warranty?

I Plan to Stick Around

yes flashing to generic fw voids your warranty

I Plan to Stick Around

This is turning into a farse. Very disturbing how much time we all have to waste trying to find out the truth. I hope our friend here from Rogers has better luck than us trying to get proper answers..

I Plan to Stick Around

Does it matter if flashing the phone voids your warranty?  By the time the update comes out, you'll be out of warranty coverage anyways....

I wonder how much luck Buddy has had updating his phone...

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya im starting to think only way ill get 2.1 is Generic flashing my x10 whihc i may do very shortly tired of the misleading statements from boht companies and the hand offs in blame!

I'm a Senior Contributor

Wouldn't ya know...

Turns out I now need a SWAP as my SIM card reader died on me and I can't even load into my menus haha. Talk about timing!

Anyways, heres what I figured out...

We did get the update today, however the sever that connects PC Companion and the Rogers network is full due to all the requests coming through at once, and as such, only a few people "get through" at once. This is why PC Companion shows no update available. Thats the default when it cannot connect to the Rogers servers.

Over time it will die down, otherwise, if you are super anxious, just keep trying. Personally, if my phone didn't need to get sent in for repair, I'd just wait and try maybe 2-3 times a day at various times.

Its hard to say on who's end this is crashing, be it SE's servers or ours, either way, it is what it is. 

Hope this helps.

I Plan to Stick Around

to those who are more tech saavy than I am, does that explain why we haven't received a push notification telling us that an update is ready?  SE assured me that if an update was ready, it was 100% guaranteed that we'd receive a push notification.

Again, I'm not super tech saavy, nor am I a Rogers employee, but something still doesn't make sense considering SE engineers say they haven't even released 1232-4506 or 1232-4507.

Thanks for trying nonetheless I suppose. 

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.