cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

On the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 what is the talk/standby time?

***edited labels***

124 REPLIES 124

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

sushidushi
I Plan to Stick Around

That's good news - or will be when it happens...

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

TO ALL USERS:

Xperia X10 - Black

Rogers - Toronto

FI 1232-4507

I spoke with a Rogers Tech who told me that the update was available.  I tried thorugh PC companion and no go.  I tried uninstalling PC campanion from my computer and re-installing it, and no go.

I called Rogers Tech and asked them to walk me through it.  The Tech walked me through a bunch of steps, and finally told me to donwload update service directly from Ericsson.  I installed Update service, ran through all the steps, and no go.

I decided to call Ericsson direclty, and provided them with my FI #.  They ran it through their system, and the end result...

THEY HAVE NOT DEVELOPED THE UPDATE YET FOR ROGERS BRANDED PHONES YET - according to Ericsson anyway.  Two hours of my time wasted.

Has anyone else had any similar experience yet?  I'm not sure why I was told that the update was good to go by Rogers themselves, just to find out that they don't even have it yet...

soulman92
I've Been Here Awhile

Yea I had the same thing happen to me. I was on the phone for an hour and a half and basically they told me the exact same thing they told you. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs and still no update. Then I called back and I was told that it was high volume and that it might up to 2 weeks for everyone to download the update. All I can say is ive given up on sony ericsson products. With the amount of delays and time put into this phone is a joke.

Re: this phone is a joke.

You are absolutely right on. This phone is horible. It's slow, non responsive and buggy.

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

Well Se had this to say

Thank you for choosing Sony Ericsson Chat Support. My name is Ray your Xperia™ Support Representative. How can I help you today?

Elvish: Hi ray im wondering when i will be able to download the newest OS for my x10 Im wiht rogers wireless and they say its u guyz we r waiting on?

Agent Ray: We started the roll-out of the Android 2.1 based updates for Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro now this Sunday (October 31st).

So far we have received confirmation that the generic kits for the Nordic countries will be the very first ones out and then there will be more kits coming already during this week and then the roll-out will continue throughout the month of November.

However, there is still not an official date for the release in North America yet.

Elvish: OK my carrier has said our kit rolled out today but your servers are messing up?

Agent Ray: We noticed that Rogers announced the Android 2.1 update for today, but this is not official from us Sony Ericsson.

Elvish: So should we wait for your official word i mean who is controling the OS update at this point who do we look to to find out we are getting diffrent stporys from them and you guyz ?

Agent Ray: Like I said, this is not a Sony Ericsson announce as the Android 2.1has not been release for North America yet.

Rogers Had this to say

Elvish has been assigned to the Rogers Live Support **bleep**.
12 Nov 2010 20:28:31 Elvish was added to the incident named Elvish by Jony
12 Nov 2010 20:28:31 Jony created an incident named Elvish.
12 Nov 2010 20:28:34 Elvish has joined the chat session.
12 Nov 2010 20:28:34 Jony has joined the chat session.
12 Nov 2010 20:28:38 Jony says: Hello Elvish, thank you for choosing Rogers Live Support. My Name is Jony, how may I assist you today?
12 Nov 2010 20:29:36 Elvish says: Hi i was told the rollout for SE x10 2.1 was today yet im unable to access it and SOny has said they7 have not released it for any nborht american carriers im wondering what is going on is a update availbel or not?
12 Nov 2010 20:31:56 Jony says: Hi.
12 Nov 2010 20:32:23 Jony says: I am sorry due to network congestion the update is not working for many clients.
12 Nov 2010 20:32:27 Jony says: You may retry it later on.
12 Nov 2010 20:32:56 Elvish says: OK but Se stance on the issue is its not available yet why is SE support saying no release is avaiable yet yet rogers is?
12 Nov 2010 20:33:43 Jony says: I am not sure but as per our network engineers it worked for may clients.

jjj
I've Been Around

Where can we see the 'official' announcement from Rogers?

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

I havent seen anything but Rogers supportsd says its out and Se say it isnt no one really knows at this point lol..its the old the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing!

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL  So SE says NO, Rogers says YES, but with problems, but are saying that many poeple have the update now and it's working fine.  did these people flash their phones with Nordic version?

We are Customers of both Rogers and SE.  Why can't they tell us the truth and maybe we consider buying another SE product/Rogers product in future?

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

I will see if I can get some more information for you all.

I am not sure what I can and can not talk about at this point, due to the fact I am an employee.

I will test for myself shortly to see if I can get the update as well.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks

soulman92
I've Been Here Awhile

Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if this update is pushed back again to early december, if that lol

i have one question, will flashing the phone with a global 2.1 firmware void my warranty?

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

yes flashing to generic fw voids your warranty

Terry675
I Plan to Stick Around

This is turning into a farse. Very disturbing how much time we all have to waste trying to find out the truth. I hope our friend here from Rogers has better luck than us trying to get proper answers..

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

Does it matter if flashing the phone voids your warranty?  By the time the update comes out, you'll be out of warranty coverage anyways....

I wonder how much luck Buddy has had updating his phone...

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya im starting to think only way ill get 2.1 is Generic flashing my x10 whihc i may do very shortly tired of the misleading statements from boht companies and the hand offs in blame!

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Wouldn't ya know...

Turns out I now need a SWAP as my SIM card reader died on me and I can't even load into my menus haha. Talk about timing!

Anyways, heres what I figured out...

We did get the update today, however the sever that connects PC Companion and the Rogers network is full due to all the requests coming through at once, and as such, only a few people "get through" at once. This is why PC Companion shows no update available. Thats the default when it cannot connect to the Rogers servers.

Over time it will die down, otherwise, if you are super anxious, just keep trying. Personally, if my phone didn't need to get sent in for repair, I'd just wait and try maybe 2-3 times a day at various times.

Its hard to say on who's end this is crashing, be it SE's servers or ours, either way, it is what it is. 

Hope this helps.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

to those who are more tech saavy than I am, does that explain why we haven't received a push notification telling us that an update is ready?  SE assured me that if an update was ready, it was 100% guaranteed that we'd receive a push notification.

Again, I'm not super tech saavy, nor am I a Rogers employee, but something still doesn't make sense considering SE engineers say they haven't even released 1232-4506 or 1232-4507.

Thanks for trying nonetheless I suppose. 

James
I'm a Senior Contributor
It's hard to say. Obviously Rogers has started pushing out the update prior to SE passing on the info to their community team and whomever else deals with customers (engineers etc).

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not sure i'd use the word 'obviously" but I guess we just keep trying, and cross our fingers we never have to go through this again for an outdated update.

thanks

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

Well i defenitley know this will be my last SE product they dont know their heads from their butts..I was told to stay away and i rolled the dice and lost Never again..Once i have to renew wont even look SE's direction lol

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!