cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

On the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 what is the talk/standby time?

***edited labels***

124 REPLIES 124

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

James
I'm a Senior Contributor
Haha @ Galaxy. Whoops, theres a typo! Meant Samsung Captive and PSP lol.

Kroniq
I've Been Here Awhile

I saw Xperia/PSP branding.  Why would sony team up with samsung when they have their own Cell Phone division. Refer here:

http://www.xperiax10.net/2010/08/12/sony-ericsson-prepping-playstationxperia-branded-phone-running-a...

All this is just rumors tho at this point.  Also no 2.1 til late october at the earliest and i'd recommend debranding your phone if youd like to receive the update anywhere around that date because it will probably take a couple extra months for rogers to add their bloatware to the phone and give us an official rogers 2.1 release.  Only decent app rogers provides is the account app which can be downloaded off the Android Market once you debrand your device.

BurningShadow
I Plan to Stick Around

gsmarena.com should be everybody's friend:

Here's some pertinent information about the X10's update to Éclair:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_tastes_eclair_with_720p_video-news-2003.php

Ha, I think it's hilarious that a Rogers employee basically suggested rooting your phone.  Maybe if Rogers didn't spend so much time "perfecting" the firmware they put on their phones more people would root their phone and then have access to features such as updates that are actually released on time, ability to download any app they wanted and access to new beta Google features.  But yes, I would have to agree that since Rogers will continue to a pain the A** when it comes to supporting anything or allowing users to root their phones and fix their own problems that everyone just do a Google search, root your phone and begin enjoying the real features offered by the Android OS.

To reply to the beginning of this thread.  No, the SE X10 does not get anywhere near the advertised battery life.  The latest firmware update via Rogers and SEUS does help a lot but the battery life is still very much improved if you root your phone, get rid of the SE Moxier **bleep** and then update to at least Android 2.1.  If you do that, you'll start to see a few days of battery life even with the occasional wi-fi, bluetooth and fairly heavy internet and music usage.  Changing the launcher is a great suggestion also.

Of course, if you don't want to root your phone since it will stupidly void your warrantee and service agreements with Rogers then at least update to the latest firmware and then cross your fingers and hope that Rogers eventually sees fit to grace it's customers with 2.1 sometime soon considering the rest of the world has had it for months.

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Please don't misinterpret my posts from the start of the thread. I did not mean to imply anyone should void their warranty, I was simply replying to the post above which was referring to a rooted device.

I would also like to clarify, as of midnight last night countries in Europe started to get the 2.1 update for the X10. You might be thinking of other devices getting the 2.1 update for several months, but not the X10. You can see what I referring to in this recent update from SE.

hdaubel
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!  So the new firmware for the X10 was released today.  When is it going to be available through Rogers?  I can't update using the PC Companion program yet.  I bet it is because the phone is branded. 

Thanks!

hogger_jeff
I Plan to Stick Around

Check out THIS BLOG.

sushidushi
I Plan to Stick Around
Bear in mind that this is only a rumour at the moment that the update for Rogers customers willl be next week.

When SE Canada said it would definitely be this month, does that necessarily mean that it will be this month for Rogers customers, or is there still a chance that Rogers will be making their own changes to it after that date?

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 update to 2.1

RitchieD
I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting while X10 in other Counties have already upgrade to 2.1

bstdenis
I've Been Here Awhile

Still waiting!!!!Man Mad

jason_g85
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers, APPROVE THE UPDATE FROM SONY ERRICSON SO MY WIFE CAN INSTALL IT ON HER x10A AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!

AnxietyDaze
I've Been Around

When I called tech support yesterday they said the update would be available today.  He was reading an email that had just been sent to him when I called.  When you click on the Sony Ericsson x10 cell phone on Rogers site then click on support the 2.1 update download link is there.  Only problem is all you get is PC Companion and no update as of yet.

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

@AnxietyDaze That has been up on the website for a few days now, it doesn't mean the update is actually there however.

As per SE, you should be getting an OTA notification about the update being available, once it does come so you shouldn't need to keep checking via PC Companion.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Tech says the udpate is temporarily delayed due to Sony being unable and/or having problems updating some devices.  Not quite sure what this means as far as the overall timeframe for the update is concerned now... 

Carlo
I've Been Here Awhile

Well that doesn't suprise me.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the baseband version that is on Rogers phones.

Most of the world is at baseband version of R2BA026, while rogers remains stuck at R2BA020.

I was tempted to manually update to R2BA026 via information I found on xda-developers website - but thought twice about because I figured the 2.1 update would be here soon enough and I'm "assuming" that the baseband version will be upgraded along with it.

Besides if I manually update to the newer baseband version i might as well use the Nordic firmware to upgrade to 2.1. Seems redonculous.

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

Well apparently a few ppl have gotten the rogers update today 2 i know of in ottawa nothign yet for me for some reason

eurochick
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing in Toronto, no text msg & PC Companion is the same, no update yet !

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

I second Eurochick.  Nothing in Toronto. 

Build R2BA020

Wish someone (Rogers/Sony) could offer some non-ambiguous clarity to those of us who are anxiously waiting...

altimatic
I Plan to Stick Around

@Artemis wrote:

Rogers Tech says the udpate is temporarily delayed due to Sony being unable and/or having problems updating some devices.  Not quite sure what this means as far as the overall timeframe for the update is concerned now... 

Well, if this is true then it doesn't surprise me one bit.  I love the SE Xperia X10 hardware but the most frustrating thing about this product is Sony Ericsson itself.  I cannot understand how a company cannot plan, announce, and release updates on a timeline they can hit.

It's inexcusable that they communicate so poorly to customers exactly when updates will come.  We should not have to constantly google for any breadcrumb\hint of when we might get an update that we should have had months ago!

I realize this is a rant that many have had before, but once again, SE found a way to annoy me one more time and ensure my future smartphone will be something else.

Oh, and it would also be nice SE if Android 2.2 is something you soon, not 6 months from now... or never.

Terry675
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing in Vancouver yet and I agree that after waiting 8 months you would think they could schedule the release properly. After all this time they now figure out there is an issue. They are lucky I like the phone as it is presently configured or I would have ebayed already. Smiley Mad

Terry675
I Plan to Stick Around

Just chatted with a tech and he said that the update service is congested right now but that the update will be today.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?