Sony Bootloader Locked

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sony Bootloader Locked

My Dad have a Xperia ZL for a while off contract (2-Years Past) and i am wondering if Rogers will Provide the special Key for me since when i got to Unlock my Bootloader since i need to install Cyanogenmod and yes i know rogers doesnt support this but i own the device and i dont know why do they have to lock it because the people who own the device should own rights to the device.

When i go into the menu that you dial in the dialer it said Bootloader unlock=No and i tried the thing on Sony's Website but then it said something about they wont allow me since the part doesnt say Unlock

Anyway of getting through this? because i need to unlock the bootloader and i want access to the device

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sony Bootloader Locked

Hello @wpan2002

Unfortunately Rogers nor any other carrier provide unlock codes for the bootloader. You can try and see if u can get one via XDA but other then that your out of luck.