Smoked by Windows Phone comes to Toronto

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Smoked by Windows Phone comes to Toronto

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Smoked by Windows Phone comes to Toronto

LOL pretty good. It does seem like the Nokia Lumia 900 is pretty smart.
I Plan to Stick Around

They forgot to show this part lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LnFp71dCg
I'm a Reliable Contributor

The question is - what exactly has Windows phone smoked?

It's all pre-set and well don't know many people who own a windows phone...except my dad but I'm getting him hooked up on Android.

I Plan to Stick Around

Looking to jump ship to Windows Phone from Sam S2. Can anyone with the Nokia Lumia 900 give me a round down on there daily user experience, call quality, reception, battery life and general expericence. Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@samsvoc wrote:

Looking to jump ship to Windows Phone from Sam S2. Can anyone with the Nokia Lumia 900 give me a round down on there daily user experience, call quality, reception, battery life and general expericence. Smiley Happy

I have the Lumia 900 (upgraded from Samsung Focus).

- Call quality has been good.  No dropped calls and no issues talking to or hearing anyone.

- Reception has been a bit better than my Focus was, especially when on LTE in Toronto.  Some parts of downtown TO that are very busy (Union Station) used to get overloaded to the point where I couldn't use my data until we moved to a new tower, but with LTE I get my connection no problem (even if it only reports one bar).

- Battery life has been much better than the Samsung, even with LTE.  With moderate daily usage I typically have about 35-40% of my battery remaining when I go to bed during the week (about 16 hours).  On the weekend I can usually get through two days of use.

- My general experience has been very positive, but I was a WP user before the Lumia so most things were familar to me already.  The Lumia is everything the Samsung was and more, with the Nokia apps and generally being better at everything.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm confused why they're only offering 100 dollars.  In the states, they were giving out free laptops to people that won.  On that note, Androids were beating them easily. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I dont think so .. they have like 95% win rate ..
I Plan to Stick Around

I did a fairly in-depth review here:

http://www.windowsphonethoughts.com/news/show/164494

/drt
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation