cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smishing message from "ROGERS"

Barncat
I've Been Here Awhile

Just recieved a text message this morning "supposedly from Rogers", which reads: Dear Rogers customer-We detected an unauthorized activity on your online account. To avoid suspension, use http://rogerss.cf to restore access. Note the rogerss.....The fake link takes you to a nice looking "ROGERS" log-on page, but the links on the page don't work! The only thing that works is the username and password fields. BEWARE......Nice try.......coming from 1-647-620-3748.

**Edited Lables**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smishing message from "ROGERS"

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @Barncat

Thanks so much for sharing this.

If anyone receives Smishing attempts like this please post the telephone number received from and the exact message and we will send for investigation ASAP.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

**UPDATED SOLUTION**

July 2017

Please refer to MESSAGE in the thread. 

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

RogersDarrell

Hello @Barncat

Thanks so much for sharing this.

If anyone receives Smishing attempts like this please post the telephone number received from and the exact message and we will send for investigation ASAP.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

**UPDATED SOLUTION**

July 2017

Please refer to MESSAGE in the thread. 

I got the exact same message, from the same number 1-647-620-3748 at 11:30am today. tip off was the link address of rogerss.cf so never clicked on the link, but will assume the original poster here was right on what it leads to.

Littleladyaust
I've Been Around
Just received a text from 12899805955 with the message;

"Dear Rogers customers, due to service interruptions, you get refunded. Please follow the link to claim your money: bonsecu.com"

I just thought that I would make others aware. It wasn't hard to figure out that it was a fake message.

suspicious text msg received

I received a text msg yersterday from Rogers. The message reads as follows. 

Rogers finance has sent you an e-transfer due to a minor system glitch. Sorry for the inconvenience. Follow link to claim your transfer @ dorlyg.com

I found this suspicious so I took the time to google the Phone # it came from. 1-289-980-8310 and it comes up as an AFFILIATE of ROGERS along with several other #"s (100 or more)

I was still suspicious, so I called Rogers to see if they would have sent that. Sure enough, they did not. Because the msg comes in as a Rogers Msg, and the phone # shows Rogers Affiliate, it would be so easy for unsuspecting customers to actually click on this link and put in personal information. Please investigate and make your customers aware that this is not an actual text from Rogers.

Welcome to the Community @CSAULTRobot Happy!

Spam messages are definitely a constant pain point. Thank you for bringing it up in the Community. Users who receive any SPAM messages can now report them back to us by simply forwarding the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM). The messages will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole.  

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

I don't know how to forward a text message to 7726 (SPAM)

I received a message from 1(647) 248 0934

Rogers Communications Partnership has sent you an Interac e-transfer due to
a billing error. Please make sure to accept the transfer below immediately:

With an attachment, titled etrogetrf0022.com

The phone number it was sent from shows in the reverse directory as a rogers cell phone number.

From number 6472480934
"Balance Refund from Rogers Communications Partnership has been sent.
To deposit your funds click the link below: http://rfndtrfet.online/"

AHK
I'm New Here

I got this message today. Funny because I just switched from Rogers to Koodoo last month. I still have two lines with rogers though.

lindsayz
I've Been Around

I received the following message yesterday at 7:40pm

From Phone Number: 647-248-0934 

Balance Refund from Rogers Communications Partnership has been sent. To deposit your funds click the link below: 

I did not click on the link. Just wanted to share as an FYI. 

I received the same text on Tue July 25 @ 8:51 pm.  

Number: 647-248-0934

"Balance Refund from Rogers Communications Partnership has been sent. To deposit your funds click the link below: rfndtrfet.online"

alstick
I've Been Around

I received this tonight I am thinking it is a scam
Rogers: Your attachment to us as client is inestimable. For that, you deserve a refund of $75,46. Click here to collect it: rog-att.com

Received a text supposedly from Rogers

Received this text this morning, is it legit?
It say "Rogers has overcharged your account collect your refund of $80.88." Then a link to interact etransfer.

Hello, @gailalao@alstick@Mommabear12 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. I appreciate you all reaching out to the Community to confirm, it's not from Rogers. You can now forward such text messages to 7726(SPAM). Doing so helps us to identify new types of spam messages and improve our filters for all users.

Thank you all for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

tont
I've Been Around

Fraudualant TXT

I received a TXT message today telling me I had overpaid my phone bill, to receive my credit I was to click on an attached link. The call came from a Rogers Cell phone subscriber in Abbotsford BC, 1-604-615-2637. Obviously this is a scam so do not click on the link.

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@DeborahDW wrote:
I don't know how to forward a text message to 7726 (SPAM)

The text bubble they refer to is the actual bubble with the text your want to forward. Give it a try for practice. Smiley Wink

iphone-how-to-forward-a-text-message

I received the following text message on my phone this morning "(Rogers Communications) Has Fowarded You A Money Transfer Refund And Is Available: http://bit.do/Email-Transfer-Refund-Componant-Login-CAsd4f-F " from the following phone # 1-343-989-0632.

Thanks

Therese Beliveau

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Certainly a scam. Not the URL is not Rogers but a website in Brazil. If you click one of the financial institutions "linked", they will steal your information and password.  Rogers does not send such messages.  It's a dead give-away when the message is illiterate, such as putting the $ sign after the amount. (Mods, the URL in the above message should be disabled.)

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Phone text scam

Got a text  from 'Rogers Communications' (343)989-0632 forwarding a money transfer Refund with a wireless receipt. Asking to deposit in the bank  account by logging in to you account from phone .

Looks like a scam as I am not expecting any refund from Rogers.

Navin

Good afternoon @navinuppal and welcome to the Community!

Good call on identifying the message as spam.  Thank you for bringing it up in the Community. Users who receive any SPAM messages can now report them back to us by simply forwarding the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM). The messages will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole.  

RogersZia

I recieved this at 12:46am on wednesday april 18/2018 in which I will paste the exact text and link. I have not tried to click the link and I dont want to, but I have a big feeling its fake. Considering the fact that I just paid my phone bill online yesterday using my visa debit card and I did have suffcient funds. I also do not know why Rogers would try to return exactly what I owe them lol. I ask Rogers to take a look into this please.

*COPY & PASTE TEXT MESSAGE*

Dear Rogers Client, we have sent you a Refund from last payment [case:769]. Please claim your funds here: http://rrd.me/cW9uD

REF#1932
Topic Stats