Slow speeds... can't access facebook... technical ticket taking forever.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Slow speeds... can't access facebook... technical ticket taking forever.

Sunday afternoon my internet slowed down and then gave out. I called Rogers, and they said my modem had died. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case, but I went down to Rogers Plus and got it replaced anyway. This did not fix the problem. A second call to Rogers opened a technical ticket regarding getting my modem on the network.

24 hours go by... Monday afternoon I reset the modem. Still no internet.

Another 24 hours go by... Tuesday I reset the modem. Now I *have* internet... sort of... but some pages load incredibly slowly, and when I attempt to load Facebook specifically... it redirects me to the ROGERS HOMEPAGE?

It is now Wednesday, and no call back about my technical ticket yet. My internet is still slow and Facebook still won't load.

At what point do I just call Bell? Seriously?

***Edited Labels.***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Slow speeds... can't access facebook... technical ticket taking forever.

Have you called Bell yet?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Bell has more worse problems ( i used to have bell for internet & cellphone service.) Believe me it took them about 2 months to come & fix my lines for te internet issue i had. & it took them another 5 months for them to give me the credit they told me they would on my account. If you think bell is better then go with them :).

You know you can just replace the modem for free if you take it to a Rogers plus store? They give you another one without paying for it. I suggest you do that.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Have you tried a different DNS server setting such as 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 <- these are google's free dns. They work great for me, some others might recommend other dns servers.