I've been having a weird problem for along time now my browsing the Inernet has been slow or web pages don't load at all it seems to happen only when I'm browsing for awhile, if I were to leave my computer alone for awhile then come back pages would work fine or if I reset the modem or network, this happens any time of the day and night. I've tried using OpenDNS and Google DNS thought it might help but still same thing,any ideas what the problem maybe?
btw This only happens when browsing the web and I know the Internet is still working because my downloads from another program still continue to download and yes this happens with other browsers I use.
Thought it could be a download/upload w old modem/package.. maybe was killing the connection.. doesnt sount like it though.
Only thing i can think to try.. do you have another PC, or someone who can come over and try on theirs?
Trying to iliminate that its just a PC problem (as that the downloads still go, doesnt make me think its a connection thing)
I'm on a network and this has been happening on the other PC also. Yes I know solutions have been diminishing, I've been just as confused as you probably are now. As I just tried sending this it happened again.
Like general problems we have seen with these gateways, etc... generaly it kills the WHOLE connection.. it shouldnt be just the web browsing, and leaving downloads fine.
Only other thing left i could think of.. would be bridged mode with your own router (just to eliminate the gateway), or swap the gateway.
Sorry I didn't mention this earlier I am connected on the network not wirelessly and I did just check my ipod just now the Internet browsing seemed to be fine on it when it was going slow on both PC's that are wired.
You speed seems to be consistent with your package...
Another thought is to check your browser add-ons and Anti-Virus / Firewall Settings...
and clear again your DNS cache, by the way, I would suggest to change DNS settings in your network connection properties, not in your router. For some reason, if you change DNS settings to manual sometimes there are problems with connection speed (i had this problem couple of times.)