Slow internet in Mississauga

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Slow internet in Mississauga

Over the last few days my internet has been incredibly slow.  I've tried unplugged the modem a few times and that hasn't helped at all.  I have run a number of speed tests and consistently get a download speed of 5 - 8 Mbps versus the 35 Mbps I'm supposed to get with Extreme.

Is anyone else suffering from slow internet in Mississauga?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Slow internet in Mississauga

The speed is now so slow I can't even get a completed speed test.  I tried to watch a video online today and it took over 3 hours to watch a 45 minute program.....lots of buffering!

My call to Rogers last night yielded virtually nothing - an engineer will be assigned and should contact me within 24-48 hours so we'll see how that turns out.

In the meantime, I'll continue to struggle with my extreme package.....extremely slow, that is.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here is Toronto

all I got to say it's slow nternet speed

fastest internet speed?

**Edited for content**

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same here in London Ontario.  I have Ultimate and I'm currently getting about 4Mbps down and 0.2Mbps up.  It also disconnects sporaticially.  Been happening since Saturday night.  Hope they fix it soon.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm in Toronto and have been experiencing slow speeds as well since Friday/Saturday. It seems to be sporadic as mentioned above. Rogers tech support did a test on my modem over the phone and there was high packet loss attributing to the slowness so a tech has to be sent out to my area. The strange thing is when the tech over the phone switched my modem back into bridged mode after doing packet loss tests in both bridged and wireless modes my connection returned to normal and has been running great so far tonight.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The speed is now so slow I can't even get a completed speed test.  I tried to watch a video online today and it took over 3 hours to watch a 45 minute program.....lots of buffering!

My call to Rogers last night yielded virtually nothing - an engineer will be assigned and should contact me within 24-48 hours so we'll see how that turns out.

In the meantime, I'll continue to struggle with my extreme package.....extremely slow, that is.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I had similar problems prior to calling tech support with regards to the speed tests and just general slowness. You could try calling them again and see if they can do a packet loss test to see if that's the problem. In my case I don't know if the switching between bridged and wireless modes in my modem fixed the issue or if the problem just happened to be corrected by simply luck at the same time on Roger's end (for whatever reason). If the tech can verify it's packet loss at least you'll know the issue but the cause unfortunately is still up in the air.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cooksville

Slow or no Internet several times a week.

I Have to use my BELL Mobilty Hotspot(((. going to get exspensive.

Exchanged modem Ping tests ...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Mississauga here, specifically 5&10.

After about 7pm ish, my internet slows down to a crawl.

Can barely browse any web pages, watch youtube or even complete a speedtest. \

It will go back to normal for a few seconds once in a blue moon and then go back down to the point where its unusable.