Slow Speeds, 75% usage notification won't work...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchiu
I've Been Here Awhile

Slow Speeds, 75% usage notification won't work...

Come on rogers. I'm getting maximum 4 Mbps download speeds during peak hours whilst I'm paying for 35 Mbps. The notification system obvioulsy doesn't work either; I'm currently at 85% usage for the month and I still haven't been notified by email even though my account says I'm signed up to recieve notifications when I'm past 75%. I've called 4 times, and every time they just reset the stupid modem and tell me I'm good to go, and I can't yell at the guy on the other side of the line because it's not like she cares.

PLEASE Verizon come to Canada... The fact that Rogers can do this poorly and still be in business clearly means something is wrong with our telecommunication service providers.

***edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Slow Speeds, 75% usage notification won't work...

I have only gone neer/over a few times, and i got them... but alot of people say that they dont get them.. (well especially now that i have the unlimited )

Do you have your email preferences off for advertising, etc?  I wonder if something stupid like that stops them from going out.

(BTW, verison is NOT comming to canada.  It was almost 2 months ago, they announced that they never really had any plans.. something was said in passing once, that it could happen some day, but there wasnt/isnt any current plans for them to do so.

Also.. verison's prices in the US, tend to be HIGHER than rogers as well 😞 )

**UPDATE**

Hello Everyone

Just incase you can always visit keepingpace.ca to opt-in to your 75% notifications in the event that they were switched off by mistake.  If you are still not receiving your 75% notifcations please call into Technical Support so the issue can be escalated.

Thanks

mchiu
I've Been Here Awhile

I was more using verizon as a random example more than anything; we just need more competition. The oligopoly and obvious price fixing between the big 3 is stupid. 😞

MikeJBull
I Plan to Stick Around

switch to iisp... it can be a pain in the *** for tech to install the cable internet... but you can wired the coaxial connections yourself in the house... then they just need to check the signal and tag your line. btw watch the pedestal that he connects you... the white box on the street