Slow Email Over Rogers Network / Sending Attachments Times Out?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Slow Email Over Rogers Network / Sending Attachments Times Out?

Hi.

Has anyone encountered problems with email over the  Roger network recently?

I'm not talking about Rogers own Rogers/Yahoo! email ... this is happening with all my email accounts

e.g. work email, Yahoo! , gmail  ....

Trying to send emails with small (<100k) attachments always errors/times out.

But downloading files seem to be fine.

I have 2 laptops with different antivirus software, and the problem occurs on both ... so I don't think it's the antivirus?

>>> Is there a way to check my *upload* speed and settings to help pinpoint a problem?

>>> Think calling Rogers support may help?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Slow Email Over Rogers Network / Sending Attachments Times Out?

This happens at our office all the time. We have a bunch of different computers that we use Gmail on, and almost every day, at different times of the day, uploading even a 2MB attachment will take 5+ minutes. Other times it takes only a few seconds.

Even trying to send emails without attachments can sometimes take 30+ seconds. Again, at other times, it's instantaneous.

In addition to that, trying to do screen shares using Skype or join.me are also extremely slow. We have a 2Mbps upload speed here, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How many people are on there durring that time, that are using the net? The combined usage could be effecting it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have two Blackberry bolds. One is on the Rogers Network and the other on Telus network. I am forever receiving emails on the Rogers Blackberry 30 to 40 minutes after the same message comes through on the Telus Blackberry. This morning turning the Rogers unit on there were no messages waiting. The Telus? It had eight come in as soon as it turned on. My email on my desktop (through Shaw) downloaded into Outlook right away.

What the heck is the problem!

Chuck

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not saying this is it.. but worth a check..

Assuming your connecting on the BB to it, via PoP?
What are your settings to check it?  The rogers really isnt a PUSH email service, so you need to pull it from the server.. if yours is set to check at a larger interval maybe?

Personaly, i dont find really any delay.
I can send an email from my work email (nothing to do with rogers, on bell internet, etc) and it is there instantly.
Now, my iphone only checks every 15 mins, so it will pop up within that 15 min interval normaly.  But i can send it from work, go into the app, which forces it to check, and the email will be there.