Siri?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Siri?

I think it's more like 5 languages : English USA, English UK, English Aus, French and German.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It's going to be on the phone, but it's not advertised on the Canadian apple site because it doesn't support Canadian french. It's pretty much Quebec's fault basically. It only supports France french and not Canadian french so they technically can't advertise that it works in canada when one of the two main languages aren't supported yet.

It will be on the phone though.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Zasz : yes it's should be that.. I hope 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@sebstienruel Still, I do not know if I would use it in French or in English... Sounds like the product would be more advanced in English than French but we'll see... I will try both and choose one.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@aesthetical18
It's not our fault if apple did not add french Canadian 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ZaSz : I'm not very good in english but I'll try both too..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm, im stuck as well xD

I think ill put it to french, even tho im biligual, ima try that one first to see how it  sounds, it it sounds bad, english it is xD

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-4s/will-siri-be-available-in-canada-yes-but-youll-have-to-use-us...

"In other words, the use of Canadian terms such as ‘igloo’, ‘poutine’, ‘maple syrup’, ‘hockey’, ‘eh’, ‘back bacon’, ‘John Candy’, ‘Celine Dion’, and others (what else am I forgetting??) might not register in Siri because there is no “Canadianized” version either in English or French, just as The Loop originally mentioned."

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Terms that are Canadians only are rare... they sell maple syrup everywhere in USA and they play hockey too...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Poutine 🙂