Since 4.3.3 Personal Hotspot is missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Since 4.3.3 Personal Hotspot is missing

I updated to 4.3.3 yesterday and no I don't have the personal hotspot option. I have the $30/6GB deal and have always had personal hotspot since it was first available.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Since 4.3.3 Personal Hotspot is missing

Rebooting the phone did not help.
I'm a Senior Advisor

OK.. I'm slow... Settings->General->Network->Personal Hotspot -> Enable

Then it shows up on the first page...
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Good stuff, happy you were able to enable your hotspot Chris!

I've Been Here Awhile

I've got the iPhone 4 and tried to start the personal hotspot but got a popup box telling me to contact Rogers to set it up. What's that all about? Works no problem setting it up on my wife's iPhone on the Bell network.
I've Been Here Awhile

Got my answer from Rogers customer service. Seems they require you to have a 1GB minimum data plan on your phone or they will not activate tethering. They say it is to protect me from going over my 500MB limit which could be costly. So, they lock you out of using the data plan amount you pay for and require you to buy more to use the phone's features. Bye bye Rogers!
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I have logged a complaint with CCTS (CRTC doesn't do telecommunications) and they are following up on my complaint. You should do so too! It's outrageous that they won't let me use the 500mb that I already pay for!