Sim card from xperia x10 to iphone 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sim card from xperia x10 to iphone 4

I'm planning to switch to the iPhone 4 next week from the Sony Ericsson Xperia x10, but I was wondering if i'm going to need to buy a new sim card, the iphone 4 sim card, or will I be able to just swap my current micro sim to the iPhone? My friend who did the switch the other way around, Iphone to Xperia said that she couldn't use the sim card and had to buy a new one. Just curious before I make the switch.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Sim card from xperia x10 to iphone 4

After searching around a bit more, I found out that I will have to get the sim card specifically made for the iPhone 4.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

After searching around a bit more, I found out that I will have to get the sim card specifically made for the iPhone 4.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

eep.. misread.. nm

I'm a Senior Advisor

you can get a micro sim for $10 and then in the my rogers section on the website you can transfer your account to the new sim.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,  what do you mean by buy a micro sim, dont you have to buy it from Rogers?  where are they $10, thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Iphone4 uses a micro sim. They are smaller than regular sims. You can always cut a regular sim down to size but that could ruin it, or you could go to rogers or any store that sells rogers phones and get a micro sim. Once you have the microsim you can log into my rogers and in the mobile section you can manage your sim and transfer your account to the new sim and it will start working within usually 5 min.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

And yes they are usually $10. Some people have been able to get them for free by saying it's for their iPad or iPhone4.