Silver Screen Classics not authorized?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgboulay
I Plan to Stick Around

Silver Screen Classics not authorized?

I'm a VIP Ultimate customer and subscribe to "The Works". So why has Silver Screen Classics on Channel 324 been removed?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Mythorn
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Silver Screen Classics not authorized?

Good afternoon, rgboulay.

I am sure you have called in regarding this issue already.  Just having done a quick review of changes done recently, Silver Screen Classics is not a part of the VIP+TMN group (which are the channels included in The Works)  The channel is available individually or as part of the More Movies Theme Pack.  Since, of course, I cannot see your account, I would recommend you call in if you have not yet done so to discuss what you are currently subscribed to and whether that includes Silver Screen.  If it is part of your package, Technical Support should be able to send a quick signal to your digital box(es) to get it working again.

Does the channel say "Not Authorized" or "Not Available".  If it shows the second option, try to reboot your box by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.  The "Not Available" message can happen if there is a 2-way communication breakdown and the reboot should re-establish that link.

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For more information on Symptom, Cause and Resolution of  "Channel not authorized" issue on individual channel, please click here.

Hope this helps!

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mythorn
I'm Here A Lot

Good afternoon, rgboulay.

I am sure you have called in regarding this issue already.  Just having done a quick review of changes done recently, Silver Screen Classics is not a part of the VIP+TMN group (which are the channels included in The Works)  The channel is available individually or as part of the More Movies Theme Pack.  Since, of course, I cannot see your account, I would recommend you call in if you have not yet done so to discuss what you are currently subscribed to and whether that includes Silver Screen.  If it is part of your package, Technical Support should be able to send a quick signal to your digital box(es) to get it working again.

Does the channel say "Not Authorized" or "Not Available".  If it shows the second option, try to reboot your box by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.  The "Not Available" message can happen if there is a 2-way communication breakdown and the reboot should re-establish that link.

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For more information on Symptom, Cause and Resolution of  "Channel not authorized" issue on individual channel, please click here.

Hope this helps!

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

View solution in original post

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thank you Mythorn,

rgboulay, did this suggestion resolve your issue?

rgboulay
I Plan to Stick Around

Not really, Erin. First, I was never notified of the changes to my subscriptions, which now also include the removal of DW (Ch.195). Second, where are these recent changes to the Works package published? I can't find any page on your website.

I've had these channels and all other specialty channels since the beginning, so my question is, why call it the works if it doesn't represent its meaning anymore?

RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi rgboulay,

The Silver Screen Classics was a part of a free specialty channel offer on free preview, please contact 1-888-ROGERS1 (764-3771) in order to get specific information on your subscription, our community forum provides a place where customers can help each other with technical questions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact forumsupport@rci.rogers.com.
Orange
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers seems to remove channels from packages periodically, without letting customers know.  I subscribe to VIP Ultimate with Movies, and in the current channel listing on the web site, The Pet Network and Silver Screen Classics are both included in the package, however, I get the "Not Authorized" message now on those stations.  It is clearly not fair to sign customers up to certain packages, then just change what is included!

Orange
I Plan to Stick Around

So I spoke with a CSR today about this.  Basically all she would do is apologize that these channels (and apparently 7 others) were removed as of Sept. 1.  Supposedly a notice was mailed out, but I certainly did not receive it.  So the package you subscribe to can change at any time, whether you like it or not!  Nice.  And Rogers does not bother to update the listing on the web site to reflect these changes.