Signed up for share + package, no Spotify option available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Signed up for share + package, no Spotify option available

Hello, @StompinBob

Awesome! thank you for updating the Community. We are very glad that it's resolved and we hope you enjoy your Spotify Premium. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

You're welcome @RogersMoin. Here's what th fix was for my case:

"After some troubleshooting, I was able to resolve your issue. It appears that your wireless account number was not linked to your MyRogers profile. I have linked the account to your profile and have logged in to test it to ensure the option to select Spotify is available (without being asked to buy it). "

I'm Here A Lot

Mine automatically updated when my new billing cycle started, And I finally had the chance to chose the spotify for free package. Rogers could have said this three weeks when I first mentioned it to save me the hassle. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here... ROGERS open a trouble ticket which they say they have a fix but it could take up to 10 days.... LOL have you guys been able to use this service via ROGERS or not? 

I am about to go to spotify directly and suscibe...so much for ROGERS perks...

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hi @kbec,

I can understand your frustration in wanting to use the Spotify service included with your plan as soon as possible. I'm happy to hear that a trouble ticket has already been created for you and that we are troubleshooting the issue.

I would kindly discourage you from purchasing the Spotify premium subscription on your own as this could cause another conflict in getting the Spotify service as a part of your Share Everything experience.

If you would like to reach out to us via private message @CommunityHelps, we can check the status of your ticket to see what the progress is.

Regards,

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

My dear Gabrielle,

This is not a me only issue. They are a lot of people out there that cannot use ROGERS/Spotify service as advertised. In fact, I keep receiving the same email over and over again on how I should take advantage of the services I pay for. Problem is, ROGERS knows about the problem and are giving us the run around. I mean by run around..."contact spotify, wait a few days until it will correct itself, wait 10 days until your ticket is looked at and so on..."

So I'm not holding my breath on a quick solution since it is obvious that ROGERS does not have this spotify issue on their priority list to fix for all of us. Like getting me to contact spotify directly to resolve this is both ridiculous coming from a help desk and frankly rude to send us in a place where you know darn well they have no fix for us, it's ROGERS issue. Spotify doesn't show in our list of YOU HAVE THIS features... how is this a spotify issue?

Anyhow, I suscribed for the next 3 months for 99 cents. Hopefully it will be resolved by then.

Hoping to use it via rogers for the extra lines.... 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been trying to take advantage of the new offer from Rogers to get a 2 year membership with Spotify, which is a great music service. I already had a paid account and was very happy, but was told by a Rogers rep both in person, online, and on the phone that I could migrate my current acount to this offer and get the next 2 years.

A representative provided me the instructions to obtain the offer. The result of finishing the process required that I cancel my exisiting Spotify account, which was done. I also had to re-login on the Rogers website so it could match up my user ID from Spotify. The process failed. 

My current status is this: My Spotify status has been downgraded to 'free'. My coversation with Rogers resulted in a service ticket number to perform some action on the back-end that would re-set my selection to re-sign up with Spotify. That was week ago and so far nothing has happend. I feel like the ball was dropped here and there is little/no communication betweeen Spotify/Rogers.

An easier way to do this would have been to issue e-certificates that could have been entered on the Spotify system, giving us the paid memebership with an expiry. I don't understand why all of the logging in, software re-installation, cancelling, then re-signing up for memeberships is all neccessary.

So far my ticket number has been ignored.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no response after a week, so I called back. Now they said they need up to 3 business weeks to resolve. I have rejected this and switched my offer. The technical process for this is too complex and not fully understood by even the technical people at Rogers. Had I known this would occur, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble and possible reconsidered my phone upgrade. This is very dissapointing and tarnishes Rogers in my view. They should have had done this a different way, such as e-commerce coupons, which Spotify could have accomodated.

I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously there are a lot of people out there with the same problem. In my case the message is"Spotify Unavailable. We're sorry, but we can't continue your registration to Spotify right now. Please try again later." I have always got this message since signing up for Rogers Share Everything 2.5 GB.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hello @johnnocanuck,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Sorry to hear you have not been able to use your Spotify experience yet. Were you able to log into MyRogers and select Spotify as your experience? 

Has a ticket been created for this issue?

Let us know so we can further assist.

@RogersGabrielle