Signed up for share + package, no Spotify option available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Signed up for share + package, no Spotify option available

@RogersGabrielle Thanks for the clarification.

Cancelled my Spotify Premium link on the spot. Will await the next billing cycle and fight the charge (if there are any).

I've Been Around

This is stupid. I have been unable to add premium spotify to my account for over a month now. After being told all sorts of misinformation, such as "I need to be on a 5gb shareable data plan", "You need to just buy the service, it will auto detect that you are on a shareable data plan", and that "It is no longer being offered" by the Rogers staff over the phone, I have still yet to recieve a service that I upgraded my plan for. 

I am having the same issue where the MyRogers just doesn't seem to recognize that I am currently on a shareable data plan, and only offers to let me upgrade or buy spotify for $9.99. There is no select spotify option. Am I going to get compensated for this? 

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know why this is a mystery to Rogers. I went through several hours of phone calls over this a couple of weeks ago and ultimately, I was told there was a system issue that would take up to three weeks to fix. Today, I got a text from Rogers reminding me to add my family members. This prompted me to check and I can now use these services. It's still not perfect, as instead of a month to choose between the three services, I now have only 15 days, but I will get that fixed. 

Would someone please tell Rogers employees? It took me several calls and I had to talk to a manager in customer service to find out what was going on.

Now, I want to know how to add family members to my Sportify account. Wish me luck.

I've Been Around

I have signed for a share everything plan recently and when I try signup for Spotify I can only see buy option. Isn't that suppose to be free for 2yrs?

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Morning @seaniedee1,

You might find this link useful. It gives you step by step instructions on how to register your other lines for their experience.

Let us know if you need further assistance

@RogersGabrielle

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @Zaru

Welcome to the Forums Smiley Wink !

Spotify is an included Experience when you choose a Share Everything + plan.

Here is what you should see, after logging in to MyRogers, when you are on a Share Everything + plan:

1.png

Let us know if you require furthur assistance .

RogersSannecia

I Plan to Stick Around

To all Moderators,

With all due respect, please stop posting again and again your screenshot with what it SHOULD look like to us. I don't know how the Rogers back end system works but clearly your have different rights or group spec that us clients.

We DO NOT have the "Get This" option. Like all the screenshot we all posted we can ONLY BUY  one line for 9.99$/month. That's the ONLY option we have. It's been more then a month now that Rogers knows of this issue.

Please take the time to send private message to each of the clients in this thread. Use our credentials and see for yourself what we experience. We have voiced our problem yet you do not listen to us and only reply scripted response and show us that it works on your "special" account.

Can we expect some financial compensation?

Will Rogers foot the bill if we take the 9.99$/month option?

Will Rogers expand it's 24 months period to all users to cover the "blackout" months? 

***EDIT  Nov 13 9:42am****

I'm happy to report that my account is now working correctly. I now have the 29.99$/month package with 3 Spotify account freely like advertised. Strange timing about posting here and twitter got it working.. must be some friday 13 karma.

I'm Here A Lot

I echo the sentiments brought forward by @Silvertag. This is a very annoying issue. We entered into contract with Rogers expecting these promoted products that are part of the contract. Rogers is not fulfilling their end of the terms of the contract but are offering no help to us as customers. Instead we are left to waste countless hours of our own time for multiple weeks in an effort to remedy the issue with support. In total I have spent 4 hours of my free time on the phone and with the live chat. That does not include my time on this thread. I've opened a ticket and it's been 9 days and I haven't heard a word from Rogers in regard to my ticket. With any other company this would not be acceptable. I wouldn't expect to go buy a burger and fries, pay for the burger and spend 4 hours and multiple weeks to get my fries...
I Plan to Stick Around

Gabrielle, it is kind of useful in that it tells me I shouldn't have listened to the first agent. It seems that I need to have all three people signed up with my Rogers plan. The agent who convinced me to stay with Rogers told me that my son could link his Spotify account to this even though his phone plan is not with Rogers. I don't think she was lying as much as misinformed. Frankly,I can get 5 different answers from calling Rogers 5 different times.

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree with @Allanmc and @Silvertag. I found it very annoying virtually every time I spoke with a Rogers employee as they seemed clueless to the concept of it not working even though this is a known issue (to some) in Rogers. To one agent, I said, if I am late with my payment, I get charged a late fee. She replied, "Spotify is something we're giving you free." That's the Rogers mentality right there -- they're giving me something free. On the plus side, I'm not tied into a contract and I can shop around at my leisure. Virgin is offering some very aggressive deals.