Shut off auto-powerdown of the PVR Harddrive

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Shut off auto-powerdown of the PVR Harddrive

@Jebidiah wrote:

Bummer! I listen to the Music station all night long, and wake up in the middle of the night to a "DEAD" room!

Then I have to get out of bed, go turn on the lights, find my glasses ( so I can see the tiny remote numbers! ) and then turn the P.V.R. back on, and scroll back through the darned "guide" to find the very same music station,... all over again! :o(   And THIS,... is a great idea for a P.V.R.?  Geez!..at LEAST!..give us the option to bypass this nonsensical "Feature".

This has nothing to do with the problem in this thread.

The power saving shutdown was disabled on all boxes after the first Navigatr update, due to massive outrage.

You are most likely experiencing the guide update, which the box needs to do in order to have up-to-date guide info. 

If you have your box set properly, a guide update shouldnt throw you back to channel 1.  Under "Settings->System->Power On Channel", set it as "Last Channel Viewed".  The box will remain at the channel it was set to when it powered off.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:

If you have your box set properly, a guide update shouldnt throw you back to channel 1.  Under "Settings->System->Power On Channel", set it as "Last Channel Viewed".  The box will remain at the channel it was set to when it powered off.

I'm not sure that works - you may go back to channel 1 if there is a reboot. What does work is to set a "startup channel" (I use CP24) and when you turn the PVR on it will go to that channel.

My PVR does not switch down/reboot each night like apparently some do at around 2AM for the guide update. One way around it is to set the PVR to record a channel at that time. One of the Stingray channels would be perfect to record since they take very little hard drive space. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah; Thanks for responding. I have the power on channel set to the weather network. I suppose it would save me at least one less step if I set it to the music channel. Still a major pain in the @#* though!
There should be an option to bypass this inconvenience!
Thanks again! Jeb.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jebidiah:

This issue doesn't affect everyone, only some people. I have not been affected - knock on wood.

As I mentioned in my previous post, if you set the PVR to record something at that time, it will not reboot/shut down.  I suggested one of the Stingray channels.