Shouldn't the Nokia Lumina 830 be a Smart Picks phone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Shouldn't the Nokia Lumina 830 be a Smart Picks phone?

I am looking at the promotion Rogers has right now, but this phone is only available with a Share Everything plan which is minimum $80 per month. With Telus and Bell it is one of their "lite" plan phones for $50 or $60 per month. Shouldn't this be a Smart Pick phone for Rogers? It's priced as a Smart Pick phone at $399 off contract.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Shouldn't the Nokia Lumina 830 be a Smart Picks phone?

Hello @Bobbbbb234sadf

The Nokia Lumia 830 is $0 on a 2 year term on Share Everything or Smart Picks plan. So indeed it is on a Smart pick plans. It seems Rogers never added the device on that list which i will be forwarding back to them about that! Go on the link i posted & then click "Add to cart" you will see the option for none shareble plans which start from $50 & goes up to $70. It all depends which plan u want!  

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

" Only available with online activations of eligible devices on a 2-year Share Everything or Smart Picks plan."

This is you get the Connection fee waived online for free.

"Nokia Lumia 830

2-Year Term, upgrade in 2 years.

Smart Picks 200MB

What's included in this plan

• Unlimited Text, Picture, Video Messages2
    • Call Display13
    • Voicemail14
  • Unlimited Canada-Wide after 6pm6
    Unlimited Messaging" 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi Bob!
It is SmartPicks! 😄

And its $0! If you want it for talk and text plans only (not shareeverything) you can get it for $100 bucks up front.

Oh and I think you don't need to get ShareEverything Plan for it either.

There are $50 $60 and $70 plans too for smarts picks - not sharing type too.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless#plans

If you scroll below ShareEverything plans there is the other boxes that show you it. The phone is $0 Smart Picks.
Funny enough I was at the store yesterday looking at this phone so I remembered!

Hope this helps! (Click the Like button if i helped!)
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bobbbbb234sadf

The Nokia Lumia 830 is $0 on a 2 year term on Share Everything or Smart Picks plan. So indeed it is on a Smart pick plans. It seems Rogers never added the device on that list which i will be forwarding back to them about that! Go on the link i posted & then click "Add to cart" you will see the option for none shareble plans which start from $50 & goes up to $70. It all depends which plan u want!  

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

" Only available with online activations of eligible devices on a 2-year Share Everything or Smart Picks plan."

This is you get the Connection fee waived online for free.

"Nokia Lumia 830

2-Year Term, upgrade in 2 years.

Smart Picks 200MB

What's included in this plan

• Unlimited Text, Picture, Video Messages2
    • Call Display13
    • Voicemail14
  • Unlimited Canada-Wide after 6pm6
    Unlimited Messaging" 

View solution in original post

I've Been Here Awhile

When I try to upgrade through my account page, it says Share Everything only, and it won't let me select a Smart Picks plan.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bobbbbb234sadf

I would suggest contacting Rogers & have them do the upgrade over the phone or visit your local Rogers store & do it there. This why you can walk out with the device from the store & they can explain it all too you.

The online upgrade for current customers does tend to have that issue. So calling in or visiting your local Rogers store will do it!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Alright, thanks. It seems I will have to do that. I just checked again and actually every phone will only let me pick a Share Everything plan from the upgrade page, even listed Smart Picks phones.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bobbbbb234sadf

Yeah they want customers to go via that root via online so going to the store or calling into Rogers is the best thing to do! Let us know how it goes 🙂
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bobbbbb234sadf

I’d like to help with your wireless upgrade to the Nokia Lumina 830. I’m going to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you in a Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I agree with @Meowmix.

GO TO STORE! Why not have your phone sooner? Omg, I would want my phone right away! lol

Odd why the pricing are different online. I only use it for reference.

@RogersPrasana- Thanks for assist. Hopefully @Bobbbbb234sadf gets the upgrade soon!

Windows Phone is amazing. Hope Crotana makes you feel welcomed! 😄

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersPrasana

Thanks for your help! Glad you are able to assist them on their need!

@ShakTiburon this is why I always go to the store. It's easier to read, understand and ask questions plus the bonus is that u get the device in hands! That's the whole reason! Hehe

Hopefully @Bobbbbb234sadf gets their phone and services!!